Chapter 4

Ellis

We were seated in the library.
Tobias, Lizzy and I.
Something strange was going on at Aurora Grace's house, the whole house was bind with magic and you could smell incense from a mile away. Something didn't quite add up, Aurora Grace was a psychic and her dad kept burning incense. I didn't understand.

-"but why would Aurora's father bind the house against psychics when his own child is psychic? Yet he moved to this town, knowing exactly what we were and what was going on?"

I sighed. Wow. Tobias was very good at asking questions he knew we had no answers to. But he raised some valid points.

-"he's been burning incense, disabling Aurora from using her powers. How long had he been doing that, and why? It doesn't make sense."

"Aurora Grace lost her psychic abilities about a year ago. He'd already begun doing that before her mother left. Or at least that's what he told her."

Tobias and Liza looked at me confused and I knew I had to explain.

"Aurora Grace's mother, Lynette found out what Chris had been up to, and obviously she wanted to stop him. She never confronted Chris about it, but she was now also concocting her own spells to stop Chris from blocking Aurora Grace's powers. Chris figured it out, and I honestly have no idea where he's keeping Lynette .

The whole story about Lynette leaving them for another man is exactly that, a story, it's all bullshit. Chris ended up killing the man, who happened to be Lynette's brother. He'd also been helping Lynette with the spells."

-"but how do you know Chris didn't murder Lynette as well?"

"Because he probably figured he'd use Lynette as leverage should Aurora Grace find out the truth." I rolled my eyes at Toby. Logic.

-"wow, this is some fucked up shit dudes," Tobias and I looked at Elizabeth like she's grown another head. -"what? Okay fine maybe aurora's rubbing off on me a little."

I laughed at that. We'd known her for like what? A week or 2 and already Liza was picking off on Aurora Grace's shenanigans.

-"well what we need to do is find out where he's keeping Lynette . For us to be able to help Aurora, we are going to need hard core evidence first,"

Whoa, what? "And why would we do that Tobias? Aurora Grace should deal with this on her own. I'm not getting involved in family issues."
Honestly the last thing I needed was getting involved in something that could get us into trouble.

-"do you not want to be free? Can't you see without her visions we are doomed . We need to know where her grandmother buried the grandchest. And the only way we'll know that is if Aurora gets her second sight back."

"The council? The elders? The sgigoris? Do you know what would happen if any of these people found out what we were up to? We'd be banished , turned into nothing, literally."

-"but Ellis what other choice do we have? If we do not help Aurora , he dad will eventually take her away, and then what? We'll be back to square one.

Besides if we ask the mayor for assistance since he's the one that insisted Aurora be treated like a rose, I doubt he'd say no.

Look I know you have doubts about the mayor, but it's either we do this ourselves or we do it with outside help, but we have to do something."

Liza was right. I do not trust the mayor at all. He is too nosy, always willing to get someone in trouble so they be banished.

"Fine, but if we are to do this no one is to know. Not even our families. Not even Aurora Grace.
But first we need to stop Chris, we need to find out where he's keeping Lynette. Right now, shes's our best shot."