Chapter 6B

Ellis

We spent more than 2 hours just explaining to Aurora Grace what sgigoris were and how they came to being, then we spent 2 more hours explaining on how we were planning on catching Chris out and rescuing her mom.
So we'd figured out a way for us to appear more humanly , as Liza had done when she'd gone to Aurora Grace's house for a slumber party. Now we needed to find a way to dilute the incense so it wouldn't have any effect on Aurora Grace and we also needed to find a way to see who Chris had been calling regarding Aurora Grace.
But that couldn't happen without the help of Aurora Grace's mother, Lynette. She's the only one who knew Chris' real intentions and our best shot at surviving all this, was her. Which meant before anything else, we had to find her and keep her in a safe place.

All these ideas were great, but considering we had absolutely no way on how to do this on our own, this meant we had to keep an eye out. We couldn't ask the townsfolk, that would be too dangerous, everyone here seems to be hypnotized by mayor. One small suspiciousness from them and boom, everything's ruined. We are all ruined.

-"I didn't even know my mom could do magic and spells. As far as I know she didn't know anything, at all. She couldn't even conjure up a healing herb."
Well that's weird.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
-"I mean that my mom didn't know how to do spells. I dunno how or where she learnt, when she learnt. But while we stayed in Cumberland Ave, she was as normal as it gets"
-"so could she have been hiding her powers from Chris?" Liza asked.
-"I dunno really. I don't have my visions. Right now they would've provided some clarity."

"So then that means we need to hurry up with diluting the incense, the sooner you have your visions, the sooner we get to the truth."

We all nodded and continued with the plannings, but it was almost 4pm which meant almost 2 hours after school ended. If Aurora Grace didn't go now, Chris would be suspicious.

"Aurora Grace. If you don't go home now, Chris will get suspicious."
-"I know, but isn't there a way you guys can come with me? You'll sneak in. I can't be in that house alone. With him."

Aurora Grace had lowered her eyes as she said this, and I knew it pained her to know that she couldn't trust her own father. And truthfully, i'm glad she came up with that suggestion, I wouldn't be at ease with her being in that house alone with Chris . He was dangerous. He could hurt her.
But not that that would break my heart or anything , i'm just concerned with the fact that I might actually be stuck in this town for ever.
Besides being in that house means being closer to more information and being able to snoop around easily.

-"that's actually a good idea Aurora." Tobias spoke first
-"yeah I agree, plus this way we're closer to the information
"And we can keep an eye on you. In case Chris tries to harm you."
I could feel everyone's eyes widen as I said that
"What? We need her to survive so."
-"yes, sure. That's it." Liza rolled her eyes as she and Toby high-fived each other.
Seriously? Rolling eyes? High fiving? Aurora Grace was getting to all of us.

As we neared Aurora Grace' house, she stopped abruptly and turned around
-"wait guys, what if my da- Chris , sees one of you as we sneak in? What if he's already watching us.?"
She had a point.
-"well" Liza answered. -" the beauty of being a ghost is that we only make ourselves known to the people we want to see us. All you gotta do is just walk in and act normal. Chris won't even see nor smell us."
Liza was smirking. Wow.
-"But how?"
"Omg because we're ghosts and we kind of specialize in being invisible. Can we go now Aurora Grace?"

Instead of her snarky comments, Aurora Grace actually grinned and lead the way.
She's so beautiful.
Wait. What?

~~~