Chapter 8

Aurora

-"who are these people Aurora?"
Chris asked, more cautious than anything.
"My friends and what do you mean what have I done?"
I wasn't the one who was supposed to get questioned. He was the guilty one here. Not the other way round.
-"don't play dumb with me Aurora. You know what?" Chris said, turning to the three weirdos. -"I think you should go."

"No! They're staying, if you want to tell me something or ask me something you can do it in their presence."
To say my dad was shocked would be an understatement. What was up with him anyway, did he want to kill me without anyone here to witness his atrocious actions?
I think not so.
-"what is going on with you Aurora ? You have never back chatted to me, are they doing this? Huh? Are they the ones putting you up to this? This? This hooligan behavior?"
I could feel myself getting upset. And I think the others noticed too because they stood and stalked towards us. Cautious. In case Chris had a knife up his butt or something .

-"okay Aurora Grace. Go get your stuff we're leaving."
-"no you're not." My dad scoffed. He looked incredulous.
-"look man, we can go over this a million times but Aurora is still coming with us."
Toby said calmly. My dad looked in between all of us and sighed.
-"okay? What exactly is going on here?"
"I dunno father, how about you tell me?"
-"tell you what?!"
"Why you're keeping my mother hostage and blocking my visions! You thought I wouldn't notice?"

Confusion.
Shock.

"What? You thought I wouldn't know? I know you're working with Giselle to kill me and for what? Vegetabling my mom wasn't enough and now you want to get rid of me too? Is that why we moved here?
So you could do it nicely without anyone noticing back home!"
Tears were falling down my face now, but I honestly didn't give a damn. He started this. All of this.

I waited. Expecting a response. A lash out. Some dark magic. A sword maybe I dunno. But Chris said nothing. In fact he looked as if i'd just told him his cat wasn't cute.
-"Aurora, you thought I did this to spite you? You actually thought I want to kill you? That i'm working with Giselle?"
Chris looked.. Hurt. And for a minute there I actually wanted to believe him. But nothing was adding up.
-"everything I've done. Everything! I did to protect you and your mother ! Okay? I know you don't understand now and it's very complicated, but just believe me. All that i'm doing is for your own good."

-" how is you ganging up with your psychotic mother for aurora's benefit? For all we know you could be bullshitting us."
-"boy don't fucking disrespect me in my own house!"
-"yeah! the same house you bind so your daughter could lose her powers?
The same house YOU told your co-conspirator that Aurora Grace was still the unsuspecting fool you were making her huh?
Is that the house you're talking about Chris?"
Ellis was angry now. With good reason. My dad- I mean Chris- I dunno, wasn't giving us anything. He wanted me to blindly trust him. But I couldn't. There was a lot of explaining he had to do if he was expecting some kind of forgiveness.
But what if what he had said had been true? That all he did was for my own benefit? I mean. I dunno. I don't get how that could even be possible. The three weirdos and I needed explanations and having to 'wait' or just 'believe' him wasn't going to cut it.

"Dad, you're going to have to tell me the truth or i'm walking out that door and never coming back."
-"I .. Baby I can't. I can't okay? Just .. Just trust me. Please? I'll explain.. Soon."
I let out an exasperated sigh as I made my way to the door. Heavily hoping he'll say something cause I've left all my clothes here and those are some really stylish attires plus, where would I go? Sleep? I can't leave my bed here , all squishy and mushy.

"Guys let's go. It's clear Chris isn't willing to tell the truth. He'd rather lose his daughter than expose what he's being up to."

Chris was broken. I hated seeing him like this. But he wasn't willing to come clean. So this was the only way. I'll come back another time for my clothes.
-"if you leave this house Giselle will get you. She probably knows we're here in Vancouver Beacon."
-"hmm, I wonder who could've told her." Toby replied sarcastically.
-"boy." Chris warned again.
-"Aurora, please sit down. I swear. I'll . I'll explain everything.
Just. Just sit down."
"Okay. But then Ellis, Liza and Toby aren't going anywhere."
-"sure. Uh, would you like some tea before I begin?"
-"no, answers would be good though." I was getting impatient. And so was Toby . Again Chris gave him the stern look and spoke first while looking at Toby.
-"well. I did not kidnap your mother, or whatever you may think.
I've been keeping her away from Giselle. For her own safety."
"What?"