Chapter 5A

Waking up today wasn't as hard as all the other days, considering the fact that I hardly slept last night from all the questions that were in my head.
I had been made a fool out of. These people befriended me under false pretenses . I shouldn't even be upset, I never really knew them. But they knew me, and I needed to find out how.

Walking down the stairs, I was greeted by the smell of breakfast, the usual. Guess my dad came back early, cause I kept checking up on him all night and there was no one in his room .

-"Hey hunny, I just made breakfast. Is your friend joining?"
"Oh nah, she's still finishing up, you don't have to wait for us. I'll clean every thing up and Lizzy and I will walk to school." My dad nodded and took some fruit before walking towards the door.
"Um dad, where were you last night?"
-"um what?"
"Last night dad, I looked for you in your room but there was no response."
-"oh, no. I had to sort out a few business deals and I decided to work in my study, I must have not heard you, but why were you looking for me?"

If my dad didn't look like a constipated squirrel I might've believed him, but something about his behavior didn't add up. He was acting strange and lying to me, we both know he wasn't in this damn house last night so why is he lying?

"Oh nah. I wanted to ask you about this town, how come nothing about it comes up on google? It's almost as if it's non-existent. Ghost town."
At the mention of the town my dad started towards the door again
-"you probably looked at the wrong town hunny. I warned you about google. It's not always right, in fact it's hardly ever right."
He was acting very strange. And Lizzy's words kept popping in my head. The more I thought about it the less it made sense.
Why would my dad lie about his whereabouts last night? And why is he so cagey about this town?
-"don't be late for school honey."
My gave me a quick squeeze and went on his way.
I didn't wanna go to school today, no less see those three freaks, but if I wanted answers they were the only people who had the memo. Sighing, I made my way towards the door, today will be anything but normal .
~~~
ELLIS

Before I even agreed to Toby's stupid plan to help Aurora Grace I'd made one thing very clear
1. Aurora Grace shouldn't ever find out about the whole deal with us, the chest and the hunt for it
And I think Elizabeth slept through that part because she had to go tell Aurora Grace what she should have never known. Where are we even going to begin to explain to Aurora Grace how we know about her life? Her parents ? And Giselle .
To say I was livid at Elizabeth's actions would be an understatement .

"Well Elizabeth, since you let the cat out of the bag with Aurora Grace , care to explain how we're going to salvage ourselves"

-"well we can just tell her the truth. I mean she already knows most of it, and her knowing would be a lot easier"
That was the dumbest thing Elizabeth had ever said in like, centuries. Really? The truth? We don't even know what the truth is, what part of that do they not understand?

"Elizabeth did you switch brains with Tobias cause nothing but dumb crap has come out of that mouth since this morning."

Elizabeth was just as surprise by my rudeness as I was, I know I shouldn't have said that but I just don't see how hard keeping something from someone can be, especially when it's for the good of everyone, well mostly us but who cares?

-"I have had about enough of your attitude and your rudeness man what is your problem? Lizzy is right, we'll just tell Aurora the truth and we'll find a way forward"
"How do you think we-"
-"cut the crap Ellis , we are doing this, with or without you. You are not the boss of us, Lizzy had every right to tell Aurora what she did"

As much as I was angry, I knew what had to be done. Elizabeth and Lizzy were both right, Aurora Grace needed to know the truth, that was the only way we were going to make progress with this 'investigation'

"Alright, we wait for Aurora Grace to get here, then we tell her the whole truth."