Chapter 11

Aurora

Ellis and I had no time to talk about what was happening between us. He's been trying to squeeze in "sorrys" but there's no time. After my vision about Giselle, we had to quickly go alert the mayor and get everyone in position. The sgigoris were very excited too. I guess this is their opportunity to exercise their creepiness to it's full extent.

I wasn't mad at Ellis for what he did. I was just disappointed. He ran out of here after Elizabeth. It was disrespectful to me and whatever we were going to be. Which doesn't matter because in a few hours, we'll never see each other again.

My dad and the three weirdos were performing some spells and I was in the kitchen making coffee. Something wasn't right, Giselle knows that she's weak now, and she also knows that it is highly unlikely that she would win this war. So her coming here now meant that she wanted something.
"Dad."
-"yes baby."
"Um can we talk please?"
I was still in the kitchen planted to the spot I was standing at, I knew it was just nervousness but if I was correct. Then Giselle was more sadistic than i'd thought.
-"what's going on?"
My dad's own worried expression mirrored mine.
"dad, do you think Giselle is coming here for a fight?"
-"what do you mean?"
"I mean we all know that she lost her powers when I gained mine right? So she probably knows there's a ninety nine percent chance that she'll lose this fight.
Why is she coming then?"

My dad sat on the kitchen stool for a while before he sighed. He was digesting what i'd told him. Giselle was just a nuisance and a menace to society, and to think she was his mother. Wicked.
-" I have no idea baby."
-"well I have a theory."
"Toby were you eavesdropping this whole time?"
Toby looked at me and shrugged. -"does it matter? Fact is I have a theory.
If Giselle is coming here knowing well that she's going to lose, then-"
-"she wants something. Someone." We all turned to look at Ellis. Who was leaning against the door frame. He had a frown perched on his forehead and his hands were in his pocket.
He was wearing dark green chino pants. A black long sleeved vest and black fitted sneaker boots, man he looked so handsome.
He noticed me looking at him and he smiled lightly, I looked down at my hands and started playing with my fingers. Him and I still had a lot to talk about.
-"so then Giselle is going to want Aurora in exchange for the key to the Chest."
"Why me?" I looked at Toby bewildered.
-"I don't know maybe because she tried to steal you before."
-"Toby!" My dad and Ellis both warned at the same time. I'd known this though. It's what i'd been thinking about ever since we knew she'd be coming here.
"Toby is right. I'm the only person that can give her her powers back. And if that means me being hers gets to grant you guys your eternity then.."
-"no ! Aurora! Are you insane? You can't possibly think that i'd let Giselle do as she wishes!
No one is taking you ! I would rather die first." I don't have a child, but I could imagine the pain my dad must be feeling. I'd read books and seen movies where parents lose their children and it broke families apart. Drove them to do unthinkable things. But Chris wasn't thinking logically. If this meant saving the town. Saving Ellis. I'd do it in a heartbeat.
-"now, we'll stick to the plan okay? When Giselle gets here we blow her brains out. We stick to the plan.
Toby, do not let Aurora out of your sight."
-"no I'll take care of Aurora Grace. Tobias, you and Liza can go with the other sgigoris to look for the chest. While Chris, and I and the rest fight Giselle."
"And what am I supposed to be doing in the meantime?"
I was getting annoyed, I was being treated like an invalid and I didn't like it.
-"what do you want to do?"
I smirked at the question.
"I have a plan."

Ellis and I were now sitting behind the train tracks. Everyone was in their positions. We hadn't said much to each other since we got here.
-"Aurora Grace."
"Ellis Hans."
-"i'm sorry."
"Me too."
-"what for?"
"I shouldn't have said anything to Elizabeth, it upset her. It upset you. It wasn't worth it."
Ellis didn't say anything for a while after I said that but I knew he was hurt. I don't know about what though.
-"I was not upset at what you said. I only went after Elizabeth because she's my friend, you know."
"I understand."
-"no you don't. You're still mad at me."
"I have no reason to be. We're not dating. You can run after whoever you want."
-"but you know I love you Aurora Grace."
I kept quiet after that. I didn't know what else to say.
My heart felt heavy. I knew what was going to happen, it was going to break, I was already broken. Ellis was going to be leaving me.
"Does it matter?" I whisper-asked as I got up from the train tracks to scope the outskirts again. It was already dark now. We had to be ready. Giselle would be here very soon.
I looked over at Ellis to see he was also on his feet. He had a magic pouch strapped to one of his forearms, and he was staring intently at the tracks beneath his feet. I guess he knew what I had meant by the question. He just didn't have anything to say to it.
-"do you. Do you feel the same way?" I raised an eyebrow at him.
-"I mean about me, you know. Do you like love me or something?"
I laughed slightly as I moved my eyes to look at him.
"That's a terrible way to ask a girl out Ellis."
-"Aurora Grace." I knew he was anxious about my reply! In my head the answer was very loud and clear but saying it out loud was quite hard.
My first boyfriend. And he is a ghost.
I looked down and nodded my head.
-"I do love you Ellis. So much. It's just.
I dunno, I just wish tonight would have a different ending you know."
Ellis walked towards me and hugged me tightly. I can't believe I wouldn't feel these arms around me again. Or see his beautiful gray eyes.
-"hey, hey look at me." Ellis held the sides of my face gently as he pressed his ghostly lips on mine, -"we're going to be okay, alright? We'll be okay."
I wanted to believe that so bad, but I was a realistic person. And I just knew. He was dead. He wouldn't come back.
I looked at him through my teary eyes and smiled, "okay."
-"so does that mean i'm your boyfriend?" Ellis asked wiggling his eyebrows. I laughed at his silliness but my laughter was soon cut off by a white shine that was too brilliant for my liking.
I covered my eyes as I heard Ellis swear.
Giselle was here.
-"Ellis. It's time."
Ellis looked at me mischievously as he cracked his neck from side to side and knuckles. His hair and eyes were pure white now. He was like a mystical creature. Pure. Beautiful.
-"miss are you going to keep staring at me or can we go kick some butt now?"
I flipped him the bird as we made our way towards the school. The fight needed to happen at the school, when it blows up, and if the plan that I had in my head worked accordingly, then at least only the school would be destroyed.