Chapter 12

Ellis

The basement was dark, but I could see in the dark so that wasn't a problem for me. Giselle had clearly not paid any mind to the trail of stains. Or if she had she didn't seem to care.
Getting closer to the door I could hear muffled conversations, I couldn't clearly make out the other voice but the second one belonged to Aurora Grace. She sounded upset, defeated, unbelieving even.

I'd tried to walk through the walls like i'd done before- many times, but it proved impossible, Giselle must've done something to block me off.
I looked around to try and find something to use to enter but I couldn't find anything. It seemed at though i'd just have to kick the door down.

Just as I was about to burst the door open with a kick, Tobias beat me to it. We wasted no time in going through the battered door, only to find a disturbing sight before us. Aurora Grace was put in a chair but not entirely on it, she was like floating on it, and the chair had sharp metal spikes on it, she had her blood dripping all over it. Whoever was doing it was ensuring that every time her skin touched the spikes, deep cuts ensued.

-"omg Aurora." Tobias stepped forward to try and help her before he was stopped.
-"uh uh uh, that could be very dangerous sweety."
Looking around the room, we found the source of the voice, seating behind a huge office desk with her feet on the desk. I looked at Tobias to find he mirrored my own shocked expression.

"Lynette? What- what the hell is this?"
-"what the hell is what?" Lynette widened her eyes as if we should get what's going on.
"It's been you? This whole fucking time? You're the one who's been doing this? To Chris? Aurora ? Geez man they're your family!"
Lynette narrowed her eyes as she stalked towards where I was standing.
Toby had tried moving towards Aurora Grace although I didn't think he'd have much success, the shackles or whatever it was that was holding Aurora Grace back was invisible.

One wrong move and Aurora Grace could get dropped on the chair and get impaled by the sharp spikes that were protruding all over.
-"you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, ghost.
First off all, this little mutant you call my daughter stole MY powers!
From the very first day of conception I hated it-her.

But of course I had no choice in the matter because Christopher wanted a child!
He didn't care about me, my feelings! What I wanted! And that old hag of a mother really wanted a grandchild and to top it all of, Christopher killed my brother! Do you still need more reason?"
As she said this she looked over to Aurora Grace and she moved back on her chair before sliding up, a blood curling scream pierced through the room as Aurora Grace yelled in pain.

I tried to move forward to grab Lynette but she anticipated this and had moved away to stand behind what looked like an ashed circle.
-"so you're doing this because of what? Some sick revenge you have against your daughter?"
Tobias had his jaw clenched and his stance looked like one that was ready to attack, but we couldn't get through the ashed circle, whatever it was it was blocking off ghosts from attacking. Geez this woman.
-"and how the fuck do you think you're gonna get past us? The sgigoris? You must be fucked up if you think you're walking out here alive!"

A weak cry of agony echoed through the room as Aurora Grace's back was once again impaled in the spikes.
"Stop it! Please, please just stop it."
Lynette looked like a cat that got wet, she was running her eyes all over the place, mostly towards the door. What Tobias had said must've struck her, she obviously didn't think about that part. She was cornered and desperate, cornered and desperate spelled trouble.

"Look Lynette, just, just let Aurora Grace go okay? Please just. We can talk about this."
-"I am not stupid, boy. I know what you're trying to do."
As she said this I could see Aurora Grace was slowly being lowered onto the chair. The bitch was gonna impale her. Kill her.
"Take me then, please. Take me in her place, put me in the fucken chair I don't care, just stop this please."
-"Ellis what the hell? Why are you negotiating with her?
We are going to rip you to pieces you hear me? Slowly, agonizingly, and where everyone can see what you really are."
Tobias was setting her off, if he said more she'd kill Aurora Grace.
"Tobias stop it! It's either me, or - or Aurora Grace. I'm already dead, let it be me."
A moan that sounded like a protest rose from Aurora Grace, she tried lifting her head but she was too weak, god Lynette was gonna die painfully for this!