Chapter 3: Stitches

*Nightmare*

I'm alone in Shawn's hotel room looking at my laptop texting Georgie, a girl I met on Wattpad who writes about One Direction, about what my dad did and about how the guys saved my life when the door slams open with a bang and my once again drunk father walks into the room.

"I told you I'd find you bitch," my father yells, "now it's payback time."

I cry out as he throws me up against the wall and pins me there, I can smell the alcohol on his breath as he ties my arms together with his ripped shirt and pushes me onto the bed. He unbuckles his belt and pulls it out along with a gun.

"Now if you want to possibly live through this than you'll stay quiet slut." He says. He turns me onto my stomach and reties my hands above my head ripping my t-shirt off my back. Where are the guys? I think, as my father starts pulling his arm holding the belt back he says "This is going to hurt, and you deserve it for what you did to your mother!"

He brings the belt down on my back as hard as he can and I cry out as I've never felt such a pain in my life, I start sobbing harder than I thought possible as he brings the belt down again, and again, and again. I can feel the blood streaming down my back stinging the lash wounds.

"I didn't kill her!" I screamed and he brought the belt down three more times before responding.

"It was you she was texting! It was your fault! It was your fault! Your fault!" He keeps saying this with every beat of the belt. Beat, after beat, after beat, until he stops suddenly and puts the belt down. I can hear the zip of his zipper and his jeans fall on the floor with a slight thump of the gun in his pocket. It's at this moment that I know what he's planning. he turns me over so I'm on my back and takes a knife I didn't know he had and cuts through the rest of my clothes. I feel the screams coming out of my mouth before I realize I'm screaming as he rapes me.

"Starla!"

"Starla!"

"Starla! Wake up!" I open my eyes to see Shawn, Hayes, Nash, and Cam sitting on the bed near me staring at me with wide eyes and worried looks on their faces. I curl into a ball, still sobbing, and scoot to the edge of the bed as far away from them as possible. Their faces turn from just worried to also slightly hurt as Nash gets up from the end of the bed and comes over and hugs me.

"It was just a nightmare Starla, it wasn't real," he says, "you wanna tell us what happened?"

I nod and uncurl myself and hug Nash back as I start talking about the dream. I tell them every detail and by the time I'm done I'm back to sobbing so hard I'm shaking and the guys have tears in their eyes that are starting to spill over. I lean back into Nash's chest as Shawn, Hayes, and Cameron come over and hug me as well, and we just stay like that for a while. It's the first time I felt safe since my mom died.

_________________________

It's maybe an hour after I had the nightmare and I'm writing a message to Georgie about what's happened since I haven't talked to her since Monday (A/N- it's Wednesday).

oStarriNight188: Hey Georgie!

Blue123584: Hey Star! x What's up?

oStarriNight188: Out of my dad's house! Like, for good!

Blue123584: WHAT?!? How?!? That's great!

oStarriNight188: Not exactly...

Blue123584: What do you mean? What did he do? Do I have to take a 6 hour flight to come kill somebody!?!