Chapter 10

Chapter 10

I woke up, got ready, and went outside to drive Mom's car to school.

"And the princess has awoken." Jonathan said with a smirk on his face, as he got off of the side of his parked car he was leaning on.

"Leave me alone." I said walking past him and to my mom's car.

"No can do princess, I can just do bad on the next math test and you'll be stuck with me all year long." He said sticking his hands in his pockets.

"I'm already stuck with you all year long, what-what do you want?" I stammered my words.

Jonathan asked me to go to prom. Mr. Popular asked me. That socially awkward nerd.

"Why? I'm a 'dumb blonde' remember?" I said.

"But when I heard you sing that love song it felt real."

"What love song?" I asked.

"Don't play dumb blonde again. The love song on your Youtube Channel."

"That's not me." I denied.

"Yes it is." He took out his phone and showed a video of me singing in my room. "Your voice exactly sounds like hers."

"I'm trying to be like her?" I said very unconvincingly.

"Go to prom with me and I won't tell your secret."

"No. I'm not even going to prom."

"I'll pay for your ticket, a corsage, a limo and your dress." He said holding up a finger for each thing.

"Trying to buy me or something?"

"No, it's just your voice it's so meaningful and it's perfect."

I blushed and said,"Um, have you seen the comments I've heard that a billion times."

"So it is you!"

"Not the point. I need to go to school." I sais walking past him.

"To tutor me, I'll give you a ride."

"No thanks, I'll drive myself."

"But you're all about being green and reducing the whole car footprint thing, whatever that is."

"It's a carbon footprint." I said emphasizing the 'bon' part in carbon.

"Whatever, get in."

"Goodbye." I said walking to my mom's car and putting in the key.

"Get in or I'll reveal your little secret." He threatened and I put the keys in my school bag as I reluctantly got into the passenger seat of his car, muttering a fine, whatever.

The ride to school was quiet. I avoided eye contact with the boy, but he kept looking at me. He turned up the radio and I so badly wanted to sing the songs. I knew all of the lyrics to them.

I didn't tutor Jonathan I just sat there reading a book while he stared at me. The bell rang for class and I got up and ran to my locker.

I avoided Jonathan for about half the day and made it to lunch, finally.

Walking into the cafeteria, Jonathan was holding a rose when I saw him. One of his friends pushed me towards him and I reluctantly looked at him.

"Attention everyone!" Jonathan said.

"Hey!" One of Jonathan's friends yelled and everyone looked at us. My cheeks flushed a crimson color.

"I love you Emily Thomas." He announced looking at me.

People said 'Awww' and 'That's so cute!' but I didn't mind it.

"Emily, will you go to the prom with me?" He said as he held out a rose.

Everyone looked at me. In the corner of my eye I even saw Tyler staring at me. I turned to him and mouthed the words 'Sorry'. But he looked away and stormed off.

Jonathan walked up to me and kissed me. He gave me the rose and whispered in my ear, "Say yes and I will keep your secret."

"Blackmail." I whispered back.

"She said yes!" He yelled as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder walking me to the table.

---

To my suprise I woke up from a dream or a nightmare. I wiped an invisible sweat from my forehead and got ready for school. When I went to school my stalker was waiting.

"Hey look, the princess has awoken." Jonathan said.

I ignored him and simply glared at the boy.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed."

"I had a bad dream." I muttered.

"Wanna talk about it."

"No." I said flatly.

"I was in it wasn't I?" He assumed.

"Yeah."

"But girls try to dream about me. You're one lucky girl."

"In your dreams"

"Actually in your dreams."

I rolled my eyes and walked to the classroom.

I didn't tutor Jonathan I just sat there reading a book while he stared at me. What a serious dream deja vu.

I managed to get through lunch talking to Claire the whole time. Mid conversation here we were.

"So is Jonathan your boyfriend?" She asked.

My jaw dropped. Who would even think that?

"Yes," Jonathan said interrupting us.

"No," I argued.

"Come one princess, we can tell everyone." Jonathan said in a comforting way.

"We're not dating." I said trying to tell her the truth.

She pulled out her phone and showed me a picture of us kissing from Facebook.

"Then how come you guys kissed?" She questioned me.

"How? What? Who posted that?" I said in confusion as I grabbed the phone out of her hands.

Claire just pointed to Jonathan. When I looked at him I thought of one word and nine letters, and that would be blackmail.

Claire smiled at me as the bell rang, I walked to drama alone for the first time. I looked in my bag and saw a rose with a note next to it. It read:

I really like you, will you go to the prom with me?

I rolled my eyes put it back in my bag with an annoying Jonathan in mind.