Chapter 18

Chapter 18

On Monday as I tutored Jonathan for real, this time and he payed attention to me. Also he didn't flirt or talk about Girl Behind the Mic at all. A good start to a good day. Okay, I hope I didn't jinx that.

As the bell rang I put all my books into my bag and Jonathan stopped me.

"What?" I asked.

"Here." He said handing me a credit card.

"What's that?" I asked as I looked at the piece of plastic.

"A credit card, haven't you seen one before." He rolled his eyes.

"I have, but why are you giving it to me?" I questioned.

"Princess, I said I would pay for your ticket, corsage, dress and limo. Did you expect anything less?"

"Thanks." I muttered keeping a fake smile upon my face, as I took it and walked away.

Like I said a good start to a good day.

After my classes I went to find Claire and we went to Mrs. Collin's classroom. We usually just sat around and talked with Diana, Kasey, Sam, Tom, and Tyler. Jamie only came to her classroom when she practiced with Tyler.

It was a fun way to avoid Jonathan, I'd call it. When the bell rang, we all walked to drama class together.

Drama was boring. Since we had nothing else to do, Mr. Hashire let us have free time. Which is abnormal in a high school classroom. I mean, it wasn't free period or anything.

Oh well. At least I still got to hang out with people, other than Jonathan.

Afterschool Claire drove me to the mall and we looked at prom dresses. Luckily I had Jonathan's credit card so I could get any dress I wanted!

We went to a bunch of stores and tried on probably fifty dresses of different colors, designs and styles.

We went to the last store and Claire fell in love with a dress with a sparkly top and a long flowy light purple bottom.

Originally I wanted a long red dress but Claire said it would make me trip since I wasn't used to wearing heels or anything relatively elevated. So she chose a top with some sparkles over an aqua blue dress with a flowy bottom for me. I happily bought that dress and some matching silver heels, thanks to the credit card of Jonathan Nicoles.

As we got into Claire's car, tossing the shopping bags into the back seats I sat back into the passenger seat and sighed.

"What's wrong?" Claire said as she put her seatbelt on.

"Nothing," I said as I shrugged and looked out the window.

"That's hard to believe." She said.

"Come on you can tell me." Claire said.

"Fine," I sighed.

"Yay!" She cheered clapping her hands.

"Okay so I kind of like Tyler and-"

"Yay! It's official you guys would make a cute couple!!" She said excitedly.

"Yeah maybe, but I have to go to prom with Jonathan."

"But you get a free ticket, corsage, dress and limo." She said putting her seatbelt on and the key into the ignition

"But it isn't worth anything if I'm not enjoying it." I said crossing my arms.

"It's okay. Anyways we can figure out a way for you to dance with Tyler at prom." She waved off as she pulled out of the parking spot.

"Thanks, but I'm not sure if it will work out." I said staring out the window.