Chapter 11

Chapter 11

"Tyler and Jamie, center stage." Mr. Hashire said before we could all sit down as we entered class, later that day.

"Now class we have all watched the movie, correct?" Mr. Hashire asked the class leaning against the small stage.

The class muttered a couple of yes's and definitely not's.

"Okay, today we will focus on improv scenes. Act and immerse yourself into your character! Action!" He yelled and walked to the back of the room.

Tyler and Jamie both ran up to the stage after putting their backpacks down. We all turned the eyes to the stage. Jamie whispered something to Tyler, while looking in my direction.

What could she possibly be whispering?

"Come on we don't have all day, I said action people!" Ms. Hashire said impatiently tapping his foot.

"Gabriella?" Tyler questioned.

"Troy?" Jamie replied.

"Yeah, but how?"

"I just transfered here." Jamie replied as she pushed a stray strand of her wavy midnight black hair behind her ear.

"Cool, let me show you around." Tyler said and they walked across the stage.

"And cut! Excellent, now Kate please come to the stage." Mr. Hashire said.

Kate ran up to the stage with the click clack of her shoes echoing in the room.

Mr. Hashire then yelled action and the trio began to act as their characters

Kate obviously watched the movie because she got on stage, took out a pink sharpie and a piece of paper writing in big letters 'Sharpay and Ryan Evans'.

"Oh, did you want to sign up?" Kate said looking at Tyler and not Jamie.

"Actually no-" Jamie tried to say getting cut off.

"Well we would love to have more extras in the drama club, toodles!" Kate said and walked off the other side of the stage.

"Perfect! Perfect! Kate you completely immersed yourself into the character, I have no idea who could do better!" Ms. Hashire said in an excited voice.

She is really good at this role, because she is a real Sharpay!

Everyone walked off stage and class continued as Mr. Hashire had us help him write a list of props. He gave the main characters and understudies a stapled packet that had all of the song lyrics for each character. He also said to practice with your duet partner.

Great, Jamie and Tyler get to hang out all the time. And I have to rehearse with Matthew. He's nice and all but I don't exactly know him. But we are just the understudies.

"Hey Emily!" A voice yelled.

"Um hi?"

"I'm Matthew." A blonde haired guy said as he walked over with a smile on his face.

"I'm Emily." I replied, looking up.

"Well we have to sing a duet for practice." He said showing me the papers.

"Yeah I guess so." I murmured.

"So when can we start practice? We have two main songs and then a couple of songs that are for our whole class to sing back up in." Matthew asked.

"Um, well I can't afterschool." I said quietly looking down at my shoes.

"Neither can I." He said.

"Okay.." I said as the bell rang.

"How about during lunch? Mrs. Collins lets me and a bunch of others eat lunch and hang out in the music classroom." Matthew suggested.

"That's cool, I'll meet you tomorrow at lunch." I said and walked over to my desk and grabbed my school bag.

"Tomorrow at lunch!" He said excitedly and ran off to grab his school bag and left class.

"Will do." I said as I exited the classroom.

Rehearsing with Matthew didn't seem that bad. I just hoped he didn't realize I was Girl Behind the Mic. I really needed to find a way to hide my voice.