Fifteen Part Two: Azalia

"Wake up, it's time, little girl, wake up

All the best of what we've done is yet to come

Wake up, it's time, little girl, wake up

Just remember who I am in the morning" -Losing Your Memory, Ryan Star

I bit the bottom of my lip, walking up the steep sidewalk towards the store that he had disappeared into. I peeked in through the darkened window. I didn't see Cole, I didn't see anyone. I wrapped my fingers around the door nob, and pushed it open slowly, hoping that there wasn't a little bell that always signaled that a customer either was entering or leaving. Fortunately, there was none. I slipped in side and hid myself in one of the closest aisles.

Turning my head towards the door, I made sure that I wasn't being followed, but that didn't do much help as I bumped into someone. I stepped backward and looked up to see Cole, a small smirk on his face, "You stalking me now, Princess?"

Pressing my lips together, I stood straighter, my chin up as I stared him down, "More like you stalking me. What are you doing here? Don't tell me you own this place too."

Cole grinned widely at that, "Yeah! Come on, I got something to show you." He led me down the aisle. I love how he avoided the question...

He took me down a couple of halls until we came to the end of the store, there was a neon jukebox at the back, glowing and playing a soft tune in the background. There were records on the wall like wallpaper. The jukebox being the center of it all while not far away were the aisles of CDs and records for sale.

"What is this?" I wondered, looking all around.

Cole shrugged, putting his hands in this pockets, "Music and Memory have a very strong connection to each other." He started talking as I walked over to the jukebox to see what songs were on it. Cole continued, "You can use music to retrieve lost memories or feelings...it's very powerful. Even the memories I've taken have been brought back by a simple song." I didn't know when exactly how close he had gotten until I could feel his presence from behind me, watching as I skimmed my fingers around the edges of the jukebox, "They can even be so powerful as to cause hallucinations. It's pretty cool."

A certain song stuck out to me, "These are pretty recent...and ironic. Why do you have this one on?" I pointed it out to him.

"Because it reminds me of her and what I've put her through. Do you want to listen to it?" He asked, peering down at me with his sharp green eyes.

I turned my head, my gaze finding his lips and I had to force myself to look into his eyes, "Yeah. I'd love to."

Cole pressed the small red button next to the song title, his arm gracing mine as he did so, my heart leapt and I sucked in a deep breath to calm myself.

The song began out slow, a piano playing in a sweet melody. I listened to the lyerics...it was about a man who had loved someone, missing them, towards the end of the song, the words really seemed to stick out.

'You're losing your memory now,

You're losing your memory now,

You're losing you memory,

Wake up, it's time, little girl, wake up

All the best of what we've done is yet to come

Wake up, it's time, little girl, wake up

Just remember who I am in the morning.'

When the song had ended, I stood in silence a moment, blinking a few times as I felt a pulling at my heart and something in my mind that I couldn't quite put into words, like knowing that you just had de ja vu, but not being able to actually remember what the de ja vu was about, "Well that was quite the song." I mused, trying to get the uneasy feeling to subside.