01 | battlecry

It was three in the morning when she heard a knock on her door downstairs. Then there's Haymitch, standing in front of their door waiting for them to open the door.

"Hello, any Odairs in there?" A man shouts while knocking the door loudly, hoping one of the Odairs would hear him.

"Gosh, what the fuck are you doing in front of my house door at three in the morning?" Cordelia grumbled, is he even sober?, Cordelia thinks.

"Hello there princess, care to let me in?" The blonde man, that Cordelia couldn't remember said making her annoyed.

"No, i don't even know who the hell are you. And basically i'm a fucking queen, not princess." Cordelia snaps, intending to close the door and go back to bed.

"Wait, don't close the door, Ode. He's my guest." Finnick says from behind her.

"then why don't you open the door yourself." She mumbles to her self pissed - Finnick hears her though.

"Hey, i'm sorry okay?" He said, but only got ignored by Cordelia.

As Haymitch goes into their house, Cordelia make some hot tea for them to drink - it is winter. By the time she boils the waters she heard that Finnick and the guy named Haymitch already start the talk, leaving her behind.

"So what about it? Do you agree doing the job we request you to do? It's easy, you protect them and got them out." She heard Haymitch explain the details to her brother. Hearing this, a confused Cordelia decide to join them in the living room and ask them what the hell are they talking about.

"Finnick? What are you both talking about? Who is them?" Cordelia asks, staring Finnick right in the eye.

Finnick catch her stares, her eyes were still cold and hurt. He can't let her know. He will not let his only hope got hurts just because of this rebelion plan.

"Nothi-" Finnick want to explain only being cut by Cordelia. "Nothing? I heard that clear enough Finn. That is not a nothing! Why are you keeping this away Finn? Am i not important enough to know?" Her eyes start to watered, her only brother already keep his secrets away from her for too many times. But he's wrong. Cordelia is a smart girl, she can't be fooled.

"I don't want you getting hurt, Ode. I can't bare watching you get hurt." Finnick cried staring to a teary Cordelia.

"I'm nobody's little girl Finn, it's too late for that shit. I'm hurt. And you're late." She whispered so only Finnick could hear her. Tears start dripping from her beautiful pair of eyes that Finnick couldn't bare to watch.

◾◽

After the teary moment betwen both siblings. Cordila agree too join this plan to protect Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark for the sake of the rebelion. Of course Finnick objects about it at first, but Cordelia doesn't give a damn about what her brother thinks, it is her choice to makes.

Haymitch then says goodbye and tells them that he will inform them if there's any new thing they both have to know. "You seriously don't remember me?" Haymitch asks, he get a little annoyed knowing the fact that Cordelia didn't mind knowing him.

Cordelia never really socialize herself with the other victors, except Finnick,Mags, and Annie of course. Meeting the other victors will only make her insane. All these year she was going a great job by keeping her sanity, and meeting those blood-thirst people will only make her turn into one.