03 | the art of faking it

Today, Cordelia was too lazy to train (or more like showing off her flawless skill in combat). Too bad she's not in the mood where she should meet those other psycopath and watch them show their ass off or even turning her into one of them (she's already one though). So, she told her brother that she'll just meet him there later to enjoy her peaceful sleep for a little more.

Eating her meal alone - only with the avoxes, she wonders where on earth is Helena and Edward. Edward usually gonna told her to do it properly and respect her soon-to-be allies if she wants to survive (not that it help). And Helena, oh how she loved Helena morning speech about how she should smile more and do her manner properly because she's a lady. How could someone just remember to fix their manner while people trying to stab them?. After eating her meal she decide that it is time to go to the so called Training Center.

When Cordelia stepped into the Training Center, it was full with people showing their skills. She saw Johanna swinging her axe wildly, Finnick walking around while holding his trident, Nuts and Volts doing whatever they are doing. Which makes her scoffed.

Cordelia decide that it will be good to impress the others. So she goes to the knives station to train a little.

"You're good, let's make an alliance."

"Wow, what's the occasion for one of the most favorite siblings doing here, staring or maybe i should say stalking at how i throw my knives." She said, smirking to Gloss. "Wait, do you want to train together? You can help by standing there with the dummies and then i'll throw my knives to you." Cordelia chuckled. Gloss sure have skills yet she still think he's not smart.

"Yeah, and you can surely point your knives right to my heart." He winks at Cordelia. Oh your mama wouldn't want you to bring her a crazy little psychopath home Gloss. Trust me. Cordelia just rolled her eyes at the lame attempt to flirt with her.

"Don't get your hopes up, Gloss. If you keep doing that Finnick will be the one to throw his trident right to your head. Not me." She smirks,

"Don't you remember what Edward said? Make some ally, Ode. Don't you want to be friend with me?" Gloss smirks, taking a piece of Cordelia hair and put it behind her ears. Well, of course being the sassy Cordelia she throws Gloss hand away with a disgusted face.

"No, Glossiebear. Edward told me to stay alive, with or without allies. And stop saying my name as if you know me. Your little unworthy mouth is too disgusting for my name." She said, her grey eyes throwing daggers at Gloss. "You're a fool Glossiebear you said you want to befriend me and stabbing you was pretty much my way of being friends with you, and you just decline it." Fake smiles plastered on her face, she raise her head at him mocking him so he'll taste this unforgettable moment of being mocked by a girl.

Gloss only whistled to Cordelia. He wouldn't get to the bad side of Cordelia Odair. It was something every victors would never do. Cordelia and Finnick Odair both had their own characters, and everybody knows that Cordelia was more of the psycopath than her brother.

"So i can't make the hurricane my ally? Pity." Gloss said smirking, mocking Cordelia back.

"You should go back to your dear sister before I chopped that pretty little head of yours Gloss." Cordelia snarled making Gloss find a way back to Cashmere.

From that moment, Cordelia swears that she would be the one to ripped Gloss throat. Gloss just made her anger rise right away.

"Cordelia, evening." Katniss monotonously greeted.

"Katniss," Cordelia smiled at the girl in front of her. "Can you at least smile? There's actually a thing called the art of faking it you know."

"What's the point? You'll die on the hand of these people so why should you give them your smiles?" Katniss replied, the monotone not leaving her voices.

"You're right. But if i still want to live before the game even started i'll do what i can do even it meant to smile. But that's personal choice anyway."

Cordelia Odair. Katniss Everdeen just couldn't get her. She was someone you couldn't read, a mystery. Katniss always thought Cordelia glory was magnificent, yet today she also discovered that behind those golden glory she hides a huge sad hole that no one seemed to see. She hides it perfectly well.

"I always thought that everything uglier up close, even a smile just couldn't hide the ugliness." Cordelia whispered but not too small so Katniss could hear it.

"Yeah, what get us here huh? These fake glories, cursed life, people trying to stab you and laughing for your death instead of crying." Katniss offered Cordelia a small smile, sad smile to be exact.

Katniss Everdeen once more shocked Cordelia Odair with her words and action. They both actually have a few things in common.

◾◽

"Finnick!" Cordelia hurriedly called her brother after he's back from god knows where.

"What is it?" He shout-asked her sister.

"I talked to Katniss today." She admitted, biting her pink lips.

"Finally! A good start. Good, now we're one step closer to allying ourself with them." Finnick smiled to his sister, hoping his sister would do it.

"Yeah, you could tell Edward we want twelve, Johanna and maybe Beetee and His brain." She sighed. "But, i do not need or want those siblings from one. Gosh, i hate that bloke. He's such an ass." She start to get disgusted when she sakd his name. Even just imagining Gloss talking to her make her want to hit that pompous jerk right in his balls.

"Don't worry, i don't want them either. Cashmere and Gloss already making ally with district two anyway. The Careers has already ally themselves for the games." Finnick always thought that everyone is much of a Career here so why teaming up and named your pack a Career pack if the others also one?

"I guess those dumb blondes from movies does exist." She joked. "Those two will just be bitten by Enobaria you know. I bet that will surely hurt." Cordelia joked making an 'ouch' sound, making Finnick laugh from his spot.

"Yeah, The Careers are underestimating us while we're actually the most dangerous one here."

"Oh, brother, i hope now they all relies that i am not just that charming little mermaid from four. I am now just like one of those charming serial killer from the tv shows the Capitol people loved to watch." She whispered to herself.

A/N

thank youuu for those who's not deleting this story from your library! I'm very happy for every single vote for the past chapters! It meant so much for me bc this is my first story and i really want to finnish this.

OMG IT'S 100 VOTES!!! THANK U VERY MUCH IM VERY THANKFUL AND HAPPY

And i just posted a Harry Potter fic!! Yayy? It'll be coming very soon i hope :) so please check it out :)

thank you for reading the long ass a/n! don't forget to vote & comment :)