Real Smooth

It was 4:00am. Guns N' Roses had finished playing their first gig of the tour at Rock In Rio, Brazil about two hours prior, and of course they felt the need to celebrate. They had chosen a dingy pub nearby the hotel, and Raven was leaning against the bar, Renan resting with his head against her shoulder. He was suspended in a strap-on baby carrier that he was very nearly too big for. Izzy was back at the hotel, Slash had disappeared, and Axl and Steven were playing pool, tipsy. Axl had no shirt on, and leather pants, and Raven could certainly see what all the hype was among other women about Axl. She herself felt nothing whatsoever for Axl, having always seen him as almost a brother, but she could definitely understand why he was talked about so much. The magnificent voice helped, too. Nothing makes girls wet their panties like a good looking lead singer; well nothing but Mr. lead guitarist, at least.
Just as this thought crossed her mind, Duff crashed into her, a little bit drunk, waking up Renan, who blinked at him wearily.
"Ah- sorry Rae." Duff slurred, voice soft.
"Just be careful, please Duff. You've woken up Renan." She said, her eyebrows furrowed. She was tired, and it was late.
"Oh man, I'm so sorry!" Duff exclaimed.
"That's okay, just be careful next time." She waved her hand, suprised Renan hadn't started crying loudly at the rude awakening.
"So- uh- what're you doin'?" Duff leaned against the bar on his elbow, having to bend further then most people to do so, due to his height. This made her giggle a little. "Am I funny?" He sounded slightly surprised, and he raised his eyebrows.
"Look how far you have to bend down to do that!" She gave him a big smile. Duff seemed to check himself, and he chuckled almost nervously, standing up straight and straightening his t-shirt and denim jacket.
"Well- uh..." he cleared his throat, "what's happening, anyway?" His voice was slightly slurry from the alcohol, and his breath stank of it too as his it fanned across her face.
"Standing here..." she shrugged. Renan was already beginning to doze right back off to sleep again.
"Care to dance?" He asked,
"Got my hands full a bit." She replied, referring to the sleeping toddler she was carrying around.
"Aw yeah..." Duff looked slightly sad, but understanding.
"Yeah... um- what are you doing anyway?" Raven shifted from one foot to the other nervously.
"Well I'm- uh- just standing here- with you." He smirked, his tone sort of flirty.
"Uh... right." Raven inched away from him. What was with the boys lately? First Slash and now Duff. Raven idly wondered if this was some sort of joke.
She decided she was going to go back to the hotel. It was late, and Renan was getting heavy. She left the pub, crossed the street carefully and then she proceeded through the lobby and up the stairs, heaving Renan along with her.
Just as she got to the top of the stairs, Izzy strolled down the hallway, his expression troubled. He didn't seem to be paying much attention, off in his own world.
"Hey Izz." She greeted,
"Yo." Izzy glanced up. He made to step around her, but she put out her hand, her fingers gracing his shoulder.
"Wait up." She stopped him. Izzy looked down at her in confusion,
"What's wrong?" He questioned. Raven hesitated a moment. If he wanted to talk about it, he would. On the other hand-
"I could ask you the same question." -maybe he thought nobody wanted to listen. Izzy gave her one last quizzical glance, then he grabbed her hand and led her towards the room he was staying in.
He shut the door behind them, and gestured to one of the two armchairs positioned in the corner of the room. It was a fairly expensive hotel room, so it was large and clean, and it had the armchairs as well. As hotel rooms always do, though, it had that signature personality-less atmosphere.
"Well..." Izzy sat down on the edge of the other seat. Raven leaned back, still cradling her sleeping son. "...ah- this is a little hard to talk about." Izzy ran his fingers through his slightly fluffy black hair. He stared avidly at the carpet as though it were the most enrapturing thing on the planet as he began to speak slowly and quietly.
"I don't think I want to be part of Guns N' Roses anymore." He looked very troubled. "Before you say anything-" he looked up at her, "-let me finish."
"Okay." She nodded, a slight crease upon her brow.
"I love the band, I really do. Those guys are like my brothers." Izzy began. "But they're all so involved in their drugs and alcohol, and Axl... he's just even worse then he used to be." He looked almost guilty as he said that. "So..." Izzy sighed, "...I'm just sick of the whole rockstar thing, and dealing with Axl, and Steven's gotten kicked out." Izzy explained, and for the life of her, Raven couldn't help but feel really sorry for him, and the thing she said next was a result of her pity, and of her anxiety that Izzy might feel guilty for how he felt about the situation.
"Well... they shouldn't do those things, and Axl needs to stop being so bossy. I mean- it's not your fault that they keep doing those things." She consoled,
"Yes. I knew you'd understand." A solemn, determined look appeared on Izzy's face. "And I shouldn't have to put up with it." He said this with conviction, and the bitter determination on his face scared her a little.
"No... but- you should stay in the band for a while more. It'll get better, you'll see. Just hold on for a while more." She back peddled. Izzy stood up, pacing back and forth with a frown on his face, running his hands through his hair repeatedly.
"I've done a hell of alot for this band. I've held on all these years, through every Axl tantrum, through every overdose. Through Steven's disintegration into his drugs." Izzy didn't seem to hear her.
"Izzy. Just a little longer and-" she was interrupted,
"No." He looked straight at her, meeting her gaze with flashing eyes.
"That's enough. I've done enough."
And with that, Izzy turned to the door, opened it and stepped through, going forth with fresh determination and justification in his heart.
Real smooth, Raven, now look what you've done.

Yo, sorry this took aaages! More really soon, promise!
Tell me what you thought please, please, please! I'd love feedback. Xx kisses
P.S. video in banner is a song written about Steven Adler (yeah our Stevie) by Skid Row
Thought you'd enjoy that ;)