Midnight snacks and special news

The phone ringing woke Raven up with a start. She blinked dazedly for a moment, then reached across to pick it up.

"Hello?" She said tiredly, no trace of a hangover she clearly deserved.

"Hi." Slash's voice came through the phone,

"What is it?" She asked,

"I have no job anymore, and I can't pay Alison board because of it, so I'm moving into the rehearsal space with Ax." He explained briefly and sharply.

"Oh, shit. What'd you do?" She questioned,

"Well I was meant to open the news stand up at five this morning." He told her,

"That obviously didn't happen." She responded.

"No." He said,

"Oh well, as long as you're okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine! Actually we're going down to the hockey arena so we can be extras on a movie today."

"Oh, cool!!" She smiled,

"Yeah, good money for no work."

"How much?" She wondered,

"Hundred bucks for a day and they give you free lunch." He responded,

"Ooh! That does sound alright!" She exclaimed,

"Yeah, definitely,  but I gotta go, so I'll talk to ya later."

"Okay then." She smiled and heard the end tone, pressing the end call button, she put the phone up and rolled over. Then she rolled the other way. She gave up, and got out of bed.

At the breakfast table, her food was placed before her, and she thanked her father before unrolling the newspaper and slowly eating her bacon and eggs.

She flicked through it, noticing the ad for Guns N' Roses. Their manager, Vicky Hamilton, was a chubby chick with a whiny voice who put an ad for guns in the L.A. weekly, out of her own pocket. She really did believe in the little band.

Two weeks later...

Raven felt sick. She lay in her bed, tossing and turning and wishing the sick feeling would leave her. It was twelve o clock at night and all she wanted was some chocolate. She could almost taste the sweetness on her tongue already. She rolled back over again, frowning and trying hard to get back to sleep. She was having no luck whatsoever. She decided to get up and go for a little walk to try and make herself tired again. She wasn't making too much effort, she just pulled on jeans and a jacket over her singlet top and undies, put on her slip on shoes, grabbed a few dollars and made for the door. Once she reached the street, Raven turned left and began to stroll. She strolled on and on for about an hour, twisting and turning through the streets. She stopped in at a gas station and bought some chocolate. Realising it would probably take a fair while to make it back home, and feeling the tiredness in her bones, Raven decided to go the fifteen minutes to Slash and Axl's pad (which was just a storage space with a concrete floor and roller door) to crash or hitch some sort of ride instead of going all the way home on foot.

Upon reaching the establishment, she knocked on the metal roller door, which made a big echoing noise in the dimly lit L.A. backstreets.

Slash answered her a few minutes later, bleary eyed.

"Raven? What-" he slurred, Raven brushed past him.

"Axl?" She said,

"Mmmh?!" She heard from one corner,

"Could I crash here?" She asked,

"Yeah, come get a blanket." Axl responded,

"Okay. Thankyou so much!" Raven exclaimed. She walked to the corner, and Axl handed her a blanket. As her eyes adjusted to the darkness, she saw Axl sleeping on a blanket on the floor and Slash's blanket bundle a little to the right of him.