A Face Remade

It had been eight weeks. Each month, Raven would go to a doctor's appointment to make sure the baby was doing well and that she was dealing with it okay herself. Raven sat on the floor in the waiting room, all of the boys were around her, and she was leaning against the chair Duff was in, he was playing with her hair, weaving it in and out between his fingers and then gently tugging it straight again. Steven was over at the kid's table playing blocks. Typical Stevie.

Izzy was next to her, reading a music magazine and Slash was sitting in the chair next to Duff sipping his coffee and just looking tired in general. Raven assumed he had a hangover.

"Your hair is really soft!" Duff told her. "I hope bub's will be this soft." He commented off handedly. Somewhere across the room, an old guy hacked a wheezy cough, and Izzy's magazine pages rattled as he flipped to the next one.

"I have no idea how the baby's hair will be... I have pretty dark hair, and the guy did too, I think. but his was Really curly." She said

"God! Hope we don't end up with a mini Slash. Can you imagine what that would be like?!" Duff exclaimed, chuckling. Slash looked up from his coffee.

"Well I don't really care what gender it is or what it looks like or who the dad is. As far as I'm concerned that baby is band property." He told Duff.

"Hey, I never said I'd love them less! I just think it'd be weird to have another curly one." Duff laughed at the end. Slash just sipped his cappuccino again.

"Boys, don't fight." Raven said, tone bored,

"We weren't!" Duff and Slash chorused incredulously. She giggled.

"Raven Cassel?" She looked up and saw a different doctor then last time waiting expectantly for somebody to step forth.  All of the boys got up, and Steven put the blocks down. The doctor led them through to a room.

Upon entering, Raven took a seat and Slash took the one next to her. The doctor, who was a guy with greying hair and a slender frame, sat in his own seat. Checking the notes from the last appointment, he frowned slightly, ruffling the pages.

"Who is the father?" He asked.

"All of us." Axl responded from near the door. The doctor stared at the small congregation before him.

"Right..." he said, then turned to Raven. "Could I have the father's name, please?" He asked.

"Slash-" she began, "Duff Mckagan- Axl Rose..." she listed, "Steven Adler- Izzy Stradlin. The doctor had noted down the first half of what she'd said. Then he stopped and looked at her in an irritated fashion, crossing out what he had written and scribbling something there instead while she smirked at him, amused and the guys chuckled. He took a moment to compose himself, then he smiled.

"How have you been feeling?"

"Ugh- moody and teary." She said,

"Yeah that's completely normal." He smiled, "so- eight weeks, huh?" He added,

"Um... yeah, that's right." She replied.

...after the appointment...

The baby was doing well and so was she. Raven was pleased to hear that. She had another appointment in four weeks, in which Raven would get an ultrasound. The baby wouldn't look like much of a baby at that point, sort of an oddly shaped lifeform- thingy- and the gender would be impossible to tell, but she would be able to see what her baby looked like and how it was forming inside her.

"Hey, Rae! We should go out on the town tonight to celebrate!" Slash exclaimed. All the other guys cheered in agreement. 

"Why?" She frowned,