Face Your Fears

I backed away from my new parents smiling slightly. I was still sad that most of my friends were gone now. But I was trying to focus on the positives. Kyara was still alive and I had a family, again.  

"We should probably start heading to the airport. Our flight will be here in a hour." Joey said.

Plane? I didn't even think about that. I could feel the blood drain from my face as I stared blankly to no where trying to imagine that this was all just a dream and I was going to wake up to my sibling fighting then walk to school with my friends, but I knew nothing like that was going to happen. 

"Are you ok?" Daniel asked in a concerned face. 

I looked at him and saw he looked scared. probably thought I was going to faint or something, heck I dont even know if I will or not. "Is there another way we can get wherever it is?"

"Why, are afraid of plane's?" Joey asked with a tint of humor.

"No. But I am claustrophobic, afraid of heights, get anxious around to many people, afraid of new places, and hate the idea of sitting somewhere for so long. But nope. Not afraid of Planes."

They stared blankly at me. I sighed, maybe I could sleep through the whole thing, then I'd never really know what's going on. Though it would be very hard to fall asleep knowing I'd soon be in the air, sealed in an airplane with a bunch of people the thought alone made me shiver. 

"Oh, um well you could sit at the end... are you cold?" Joey asked. 

I shook my head. Everything felt so fake. I was not only meeting the people who helped me when no one else would, but was going to live with them, almost everyone that I cared about was gone, and I was going to face not one, but five of my fears. 

It was hard to think of. But I did just sit in a new place for what felt like hours and I didn't know anyone there. I could get through a plane ride. Plus it's not like we're going over the ocean, it'll only be land below. I'm sure I could sit on the end to so I won't need to be by a window. So that'll take care of the heights and I'm sure I could get over the new place, sitting too long, and new people. At least I'll know Joey, Daniel, and Tyler, well kind of anyway, better than nothing. I could get through this.

I took a deep breath. " When are we supposed to be there?"

Daniel looked down at his watch and his eyes widened a little. "In Fifteen minutes."

Then Tyler showed up out of no where and talked so fast you could barely understand what he was saying. "What's going on? We need to go. We only have like ten minutes to get there. We could be late!" 

"We actually have fifteen. But we should get going." Daniel said as he started walking towards the back. We all followed quickly. 

I got in back by Tyler, Daniel was driving, and Joey was recording in front of me. There were people all around us. I could feel their stares. I sank into the seat hoping they wouldn't be able to see me and put in my earbuds trying to escape into my own little world while listening to my favorite band Three Days Grace. All of their songs described how I felt 24/7. But it didn't last long, Joey, apparently done recording was turned around in his seat and motioning for me to take out my earbuds. I took only one out not willing to part with my music. 

He smiled. " what are you listening to?" 

" I don't think you know who they are."

"So? Maybe you could help me get to know them.Who are they?"

I smiled. "Three Days Grace"

"Yeah. Haven't heard of them. Why don't you play a song."

I bit my lip. I never like sharing what music I like to listen too. He probably wouldn't like them, or any of them. But if I was going to be living with them I might as well show them now, They'll know sooner or later. But what song? Never To Late? Too sad. Time of Dying? Kind of confusing. Riot? Not sad, not confusing, and completely true. I unplugged my earbuds from my phone and and played Riot. As soon as it was over I put my earbuds back in so I wouldn't need to talk to them anymore, my heart was still pounding in my ears from meeting them, though the effect wasn't as overwhelming as before because of aching in my throat from trying to keep my tears back. 

Joey looked a little shocked but let it go. A few minutes later we were at the airport, I still only took out one earbud and tucked it behind the same ear I had my earbud in so it wouldn't get caught on something or yank out the one I still had in. we were practically running to get out ticket and get on the plane just in time. Tyler sat in the row in front of us, and in our row Daniel got in first then Joey and I was on the end. I tried focusing on my music and falling asleep. I'll talk to them as soon as we're on the ground again, but for right now I needed to focus on not freak out, and probably even pass out. 

I shot up and collided heads with Joey who automatically put a hand to his forehead. Mine hurt too but that was the least of my worries. Everyone else was getting off the plane. I rushed for the door, squinting at the harsh light on my eyes as I got out. I waited for Joey, well I guess I should get used to calling him Dad now, that'll be weird. But I made it, I was still alive. Then I saw my other Dad standing a few feet away with Tyler just as Joey was heading this way, and he was already getting a bruise. Oops. 

He made his way over and smiled slightly. I couldn't stop looking at the bruise on his forehead. How could it be there already? "Im sorry." I said frowning.

His smile got even bigger. "It's ok. Let's get home already. Storm and Wolf will be dying to meet you."