Chapter 18: Bad Mouth

New week and my car won't start. Thank God Oliver is back in town after 2 years of studying in a boarding school in France. His mom is a perfectionist, when Oliver got a B on 1 subject she sent him there to Fix the problem she might say. I am just glad he is back and so is Zoe. He's actually Zoe's cousin and through her is how Oliver and I met after his family moved in our town a couple of yeras back.

"God! Oli you are disgusting!" Rolling down the window.

"What? It's not like my first time farting in the car." He says laughing and letting out another one.

"You are an idiot!" Zoe punched him in the arms.

"This is my car I can do whatever I want." Still laughing.

"Remind me Maddie again why we are friends with him." now kicking Oliver's chair from behind.

"I don't even know why" I shrug to answer.

"Ehem! Because I'm cute, adorable, irrisistable, I'm your cousin Zoe and lastly I make your Math assignments." using his fingers to count all five he reason out.

"Cousins and Math could have done it but Cute? Adorable? Irrisistable? NO." Acting like vomiting.

"Cause only Chace is Cute, adorable and Irrisistable?" Mocking like a girl and I just kept laughing on my seat.

"You told him?!" Now Zoe kicked my seat.

"His going to find out soon." I defended myself.

"But Chace is definitely those 3!" Her arms crossed.

"Yeah? Then why didn't he pick you up for school?" Oliver still with the girly voice.

"He's busy with practice!" Zoe again kicked Oliver's seat again.

These two are like cats and dogs when together but I've missed that about them.

"When is the 1st game?" I asked Zoe.

"Friday and we are watching." She demanded "I need to be there to  support him and because he wanted me to wear his jersey number." sqealing excitedly.

"Lance going to be there?" Oliver asked his voice annoyed.

"He's team captain" Zoe confirmed. Oliver looked at me worriedly. He knew about what happend between me and Lance because even though his in France we still reach out to each other through face time and snapchat.

"I'm fine." I said with a smile to ease him.

As we got out of the car, Oliver placed his arms around over my shoulder, I'm used to do it and I don't mind at all.

As we walked through the hallways everybody is greeting Oliver coming back he has always been popular. I spotted Lance from across he was heading towards us.

"Sup man?" He bro hugged Oliver but Oliver didn't. They were good friends before Oliver left for boarding school and Oliver warned me about Lance but I didn't listen to him.

"Hi Maddie, Zoe!" I rolled my eyes, Zoe ignored him.

"How was boarding school?" He asked Oliver.

"How is your face?" Lance is confused to what Oliver asked.

"Good?" Lance answered and Oliver punched him right on the nose. Zoe and I were shocked to what Oliver did.

"Now it's great!" Oliver grabbed both Zoe and I's wrist and walked away. Lance groan in pain holding his nose.

"That was awesome!" Zoe happily said but I was still shocked about what Oliver did.

"You didn't have to do that!" I yanked my wrist from his grip.

"I did it for you Maddie."

"It's your first day back and you could be in trouble for what you did!" My voice raised.

"He deserved it! He hurt you!"

"And you don't deserve to be in trouble because of me!" I run my way to Mr. Young's class and bumped into Kieran that cause my books to fall.

"Sorry!" Picking up my books.

"You should start wearing glasses so you won't always bump into others." He helped pick my books up.

"I said SORRY!" I can't contain my anger anymore. I wasn't in the mood to board his joke boat.

"It was suppose to be funny Maddie" giving me my books.

"Well it's not!"

"I didn't mean to offend you."

"Just go stop acting like you care! And go back to being your asshole self!" I Stood up and walked away.

________________

My last period for this morning was over and I kept thinking about what Oliver did, how I reacted to Oliver and what I said to Kieran.

Boys are dumb!

I saw Oliver outside the door waiting, he kept on texting my phone but I didn't reply to any of it.

"Tweetie, I'm so so sorry! I just needed to do it." His voice sweet.

"I overeacted, I just didn't want you to be in trouble."

"I understand. You were just looking out for me." He smiled.

"Sorry." I hugged him.

"No! I'm sorry." He hugged me back

"Hungry?"

"Super!"

We walked to our table where the gang was already seated. They greeted both Oliver and I. Oliver sat next to me and my lunch already on the table.

"Apple juice, 2 slices of pizza and This..." with a bag M&M's on his hand.

"You really know me" taking the M&M out of his hand.

"Of course." He winked at me.

As I was eating, Oliver is interogating Chace and Zoe putting her palm on Oliver's mouth to shut him up. I remembered Kieran. I looked where the soccer team's table is and Kieran talking to some of the boys. He saw me looking and we locked eyes with each other, I smiled but he return to the person he was talking to.

He hates me!

I face palm myself.