Chapter 38: Hospital

I didn't tell anyone about what my father told me about his first love and his son, for I don't want anyone to ask me questions I don't want to answer.

"You okay?" Kieran asked looking at me with worry. "You're quiet, what's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong." I shake my head, avoiding his gaze. "Just had an aweful dream."

"Wanna talk about it?"

"It is not serious." I gave him a smile

"You sure?"

"Absolutely!" I nodded.

___________________

I'm on the line at the cafeteria. I tried not to let them notice my change of mood this day. Glad that though Kieran noticed it earlier earlier he let it slip. I don't want him or them to worry about me, so I tried to smile and hide my family oriented feelings.

I grip my tray but my hands felt weak as I lift it up that it almost fell off my grasp, gladly someone has a good reflex and catches it.

"Oh thank goodness!" I sighed in my relief that my food didn't splattered on the floor.

"Welcome!" Cole grinning, handing me my tray "You are clumsy, you know that?"

"When I'm around you alright." I tried to not let out a small laugh. "Thanks again." Gesturing on the tray.

"Sure! No problems." Give me a smile and continued walking.

I sat down, carefully setting my tray on the table next to Marissa.

"Hey!" Greeted me with a big smile, she always looks so happy. I envy her right now.

"Hi!" Putting my bag down my side.

"Where's the boys?" She asks probably looking for her boyfriend.

"They'll be here soon." I answered her, she nodded and back to her food.

"Gosh! Oliver is Clingy." Emma sitting next to Zoe.

"Sick of him already?" Zoe hiding her laughter.

"Not really, I guess I kinda like it actually!" Emma smiling in the thought.

"You complain but like it?" Zoe turns confused.

"I know! He confuses me!" Emma bitting her sandwich frustratingly.

"And you confuse me!" Zoe rolls her eyes at Emma, Marissa and I laugh at Zoe's retort.

"Where are those losers anyway?" Emma ask, glancing at the door.

"No one knows." I shrugg both my shoulder. "Kieran told me he was with the boys and will be late to join us for lunch." I sip my juice.

"I miss Oli!" Emma pouts.

"I don't!" Zoe again rolls her eyes, Emma sticks her tongue out to Zoe.

A guitar strumming was heard from the speakers and the boys entered the cafeteria, Kieran with the guitar, Quen with a maracas, Oliver with a mic and Chace holding a video camera, filming.

We all laugh at the boys outfit all in matching denim shirts rolled to the elbow. Then Oliver started singing.

When your legs don't work like they used to before
And I can't sweep you off of your feet
Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love?
Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks?

"He sounds awful!" Zoe said in an eeking sound, Emma hits her arm with an expression of happiness in a mixture of surprised drawn on her face.

Everyone at the room was stunned by the boys at attempting a serenade.