If You Didn't Want Me Why Did You Kidnap Me?! *WATTY AWARDSSSSS* 16

WHOOOO NEW POSTS YEAAAH!!!!!! 

*******************************************

“What do you mean you haven’t gotten any closer with her?” Nate demanded, a week had passed since that project in English but other than that nothing else had happened. “It’s been so long, and you aren’t doing what is asked of you. What am I supposed to do?!” 

“Nick, it hasn’t been long enough. You’re aware of how many times this girl has moved, how many friends and towns she’s left behind before this point. It’s probably going to be awhile before she lets her walls down.” Noah pointed out, defending me sternly.

“This is just taking too long! You should know first hand how badly we need that money, and you aren’t doing anything about it!” 

“There is nothing we can do… Amanda has to come here willingly. You know that.” Noah insisted, and I was unable to say a single thing because I was that much of a coward. We were in the apartment that I shared with Noah, listening to yet again Nate bitch and moan about this entire thing.

“I’m getting impatient… hopefully you two figure out a way to get her out of that shell before I do something drastic.” The way he said it made both Noah and I know exactly what he meant by drastic. Nate eyes bore into mine with cold anger and I sunk deeper into the smelly couch.

That was the conversation that sparked an idea. In English we had to write a paper that described who we were. The teacher hoped that these papers would show how far we are at the moment with our grammar and writing qualities before the end of the term so we could see our growth. I knew when she described the assignment I was going to have a hard time with it, and immediately told Noah he had to write his own as well. 

I was nervous having to read this half a page long paper out loud, in front of the entire class. Noah just smirked at me, and all the kids that had to endure this as well held sympathetic faces. 

“This is awkward.” I chuckled, scratching the back of my neck.

“Please begin.” The teacher insisted, and I sat on the high stool looking out at all the kids I’d been around for over a month now.

“Maybe people don’t realize how school shapes them. Maybe people don’t know that the kids you associate with now makes a large impact on your life, guide you to your future occupation and make you out to who you’re going to be.

“But who are you supposed to be when you don’t talk to the same people every three months? What if because I’m constantly being shipped from school to school, worrying where I’ll be to next that I missed out on some vital part of growing up.” I was playing it a little over the top, but I immediately saw a rise out of Amanda. We had listened to at least ten other kids talk about how they see themselves and this was the first time Amanda had even acknowledged someone talking.