#9- T a l k i n g

Patrick's POV

"Where did you go?", I asked Pete as he reached the table. His shining brown eyes suddenly turned into a freezing look: "It's none of your business"

I lowered my head: "Sorry"

The expression on his face softened as he sat in front of me. Why was he so cold and terribly sensitive? There was something in his gaze which kinda concerned me: violence, regret, fury, confusion, guilt, sadness... I could mention a lot of other emotions, because his eyes were a mixture of negative feelings. I watched them as they constantly scanned the surrounding space, examinated every corner and quickly moved away from my face when I turned to Pete. His eyes were beautiful, and his personality enigmatic. I liked that.

"I've asked to bring us the best plates", Pete's voice brought me back to reality.

"Good! Thank you"

As soon as I pronounced the last two words, the man slightly flinched. I tried to ignore his reaction and changed subject: "So... do you have a job?"

"Nope. I just spend my time collecting things... playing music..."

"Wait, what? Music?!"

"... Yes? I play bass"

"That's cool! I play guitar and sing a lot in my spare time"

He snorted with laughter and shook his head.

"Maybe... when we finish our lunch we could... try something together at my house"

"Yes!", a spark of excitement and wildness shined into his eyes for a second, but then he tried to put himself together "Yes, that would be a great idea"

I smiled at him: "Can I ask you something?"

He didn't answer; instead, he kept staring at me suspiciously.

"Why are you trying so hard to hide yourself?"

He shifted uncomfortably on his seat: "What do you mean?"

He knew exactly what I meant.

"You are not like this; don't be nervous with me, I don't bite", I muttered with a light chuckle "I think it's way better to show the real you then hiding half of your face behind a mask. It would even be easier for you, wouldn't it?"

"No", he blurted out and looked at me sternly. Maybe I had been too invasive. I stayed silent for a while and before I could apologize, the waiter had come with our first plates.

"Thank you", I heard Pete whisper. I turned to him with wide eyes: I didn't think he would ever want to thank someone. I opened my mouth to speak, but Pete mumbled: "It's just because I didn't wanna hear you thank someone for the millionth time. Your voice is even weird"

Weird... wow. What a poor excuse.

*Author's Note*

Sorry... this chapter was boring, I know. It was just like a filler chapter, I guess.
Oh and... do you have any requests for the story? Like.. new characters And stuff like that. Lemme know in the comments plsss :D thank you all guys! <3

Dreammaker_222