#28- H a n g i n g O u t

[Sorry for mistakes but I need to update bc this chapter took me WAY TOO MUCH wtf]

Pete's POV

"I know I can trust you", that sentence kept echoing into my sleepless mind during the night.

No, Patrick, you can't trust me.

The whole situation was a mess. I just couldn't think about that without feeling sick.

I was bored and I couldn't sleep, so I tried to find something better to do, as for example staring at Patrick. Um, no, actually that was worse. But I couldn't take my eyes off that innocent little guy; he looked even more peaceful when he was asleep. I admired him as he brushed his head on the pillow, his blonde fringe covering his left eye.

I had fallen in love with him; so madly, deeply, ridiculously in love. I glanced at him again: perfection. He looked like a god. I slowly lifted his arm off me trying not to wake him up and slipped out of bed. He moaned in his sleep, but didn't move much. I turned my lamp on to have a little bit of light and started looking around for my polaroid.

Patrick didn't have to know.

I held up the little, shiny camera and focused on Patrick's sleeping figure, then clicked the button and took a photo.

Dang, Pete, your stalker side is showing again. You sure are a strange, creepy guy.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty", I whispered the next day as I kissed Patrick's nose.

"... Hey", he muttered in a sleepy voice and turned his head to me, squinting his eyes. I laughed at his slightly annoyed expression.

"What time is it?"

"Um, 8.00 am, I think"

He slowly widened his eyes: "Holy shit"

"What?", I asked as he quickly got out of bed and reached for his blue jeans.

"I'm so late, I'm so late, I'm so late!"

"For what?"

"Work", he brutally threw his pajama shirt on my face before racing downstairs.

"Don't you... want to have breakfast?", I asked as he took his coat in hurry.

"Nah, don't have time. See you this evening if you wanna hang out, maybe?"

"... Yeah, after dinner, is that okay for you?"

"More than okay! I'll text you when my shift's over", he quickly kissed me on the cheek and slammed the door behind him.

I substantially spent the whole day tidying the rooms (for almost the fourth time) and trying to get rid of all the "creepy" things I kept hidden around the house like knives, my victims' books... how? Burning them all.

"Burn everything you love, then burn the ashes", I casually sangsong in a sort of satisfaction as I watched all my objects fading into the fire. It was so hard to quit my job all of sudden; I had killed so many people before, and now an apparently ordinary guy steps in my life and changes everything. Gerard found that pathetic. I found it great, instead, as if I had some hope to be saved from what I had become.

***

At around 5.00 pm Patrick sent the message I was waiting for:

Done :)

Great, I typed in reply. I was about to set my phone back on the kitchen table when I saw another notification:

I just had this strange sensation at work