Catch Fire

This is something different.
A little change in the middle of all the drama.
Hopefully you will smile and laugh and enjoy the fun.

There is a playlist for this chapter:
The Score, "oh my love"
5 Seconds of Summer, "She looks so perfect"
Elvis, "Burning Love"
5 seconds of Summer, "Catch Fire"

You can imagine other songs being sung within this chapter.
Feel free to insert them.
Gabriel won't mind in the least, as you'll see!
Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You're doing this Owen."
Sean Green closed the door to Owen Blackbourne's bedroom with a click.
He kept his back to the door, leaning against it.
It wasn't that he was afraid that someone would enter.
No; he didn't want someone to leave.
That someone was Owen.

Mr. Blackbourne took off his glasses and pinched the bridge of his nose in-between his eyes.
A sure sign of strain.
Mr. Blackbourne turned and looked out the window of his bedroom to the beautiful garden below.
Autumn was in full swing now.
Colours vivid and bright in orange, red, and yellow filled the garden.
He could hear the fountain purposefully producing it's never ending cycle of water rising and falling.
The noise however could not drown out Sean Green's voice, which was commanding.

Turning to Dr. Green, Mr. Blackbourne loosened his tie and continued until it was in his hand.
He then straightened the tie and placed it over the chair belonging to the bureaux beside the window.
Another sign of strain.
"We need this," Dr. Green continued.
"You need this. Sang needs this."

Mr. Blackbourne looked up to Dr. Green.
Ascertaining his next manoeuvre.
"Don't bring Sang into this," he returned.

"Why not?" Dr. Green countered.
"She's the reason that we are all here.
She's the reason that we are doing this.
Get changed Owen.
You're doing this, and most certainly not in a suit!"

Sang smoothed out the skirt of her new dress. It was her favourite shade of pink. The full skirt sat just above her knees, making a beautiful puff ball shape. Sang felt quite pretty. She wore a pair of cream ballet flats . Her hair hung in loose curls. Gabriel had exceeded himself she thought. He knew her so well.

She glanced around the huge room.
The Italians definitely knew a thing or two about design.
The entire residence resembled a miniature palace.
Ornate ceilings in dominated every room.
Sculptures and huge paintings were placed with precision throughout the rooms.
One room led through to another; then to another.
It was so easy to get lost.
Plush drapes hung from every window; which in turn were huge.
Marble floors in the halls and steps.
This room, which was obviously used for entertaining in, had beautiful a parquet floor.
Sang never imagined in her wildest dreams that she would be standing in such a room, but yet here she was.

Looking towards the centre of the room, Sang shook her head in disbelief.
She must be dreaming.
A small stage only a foot off the ground graced the far wall.
On either side, floor to ceiling windows added to the atmosphere.
Nathan walked past carrying equipment.
He was followed quickly by Kota and Silas.
"This stuff's heavy," Nathan grunted.

"Afraid of hard work?" Silas replied.

"In your dreams, Si," Nathan laughed.

"I thought that Raven was only coming with the other stuff we needed?" Silas continued.

Kota set down an amplifier on the stage and then began to position it to the side.
Wiping the sweat from his brow, he answered.
"Brandon thought that we could do with a little cheering up; after being holed up in here for weeks.
The other Academy teams arrive tonight. It seems that might be enough to peak Volto's interest and flush him out."