3001

"You're doing this Owen."

Sean Green closed the door to Owen Blackbourne's bedroom with a click.
He kept his back to the door, leaning against it.
It wasn't that he was afraid that someone would enter.
No; he didn't want someone to leave.
That someone was Owen.

Mr Blackbourne took off his glasses and pinched the top of his nose in-between his eyes.
A sure sign of strain.
Mr Blackbourne turned and looked out the window of his bedroom to the beautiful garden below.
Autumn was in full swing now.
Colours vivid and bright in orange,red and yellow filled the garden.
He could hear the fountain purposefully producing its never ending cycle of water rising and falling.
The noise, however, could not drown out Sean Green's voice which was commanding.
Turning to Dr. Green, Mr Blackbourne loosened his tie and continued until it was in his hand.
He then straightened the tie and placed it over the chair belonging to the bureaux beside the window.
Another sign of strain.

"We need this," Dr. Green continued."You need this. Sang needs this."

Mr Blackbourne looked up to Dr. Green, ascertaining his next manoeuvre.

"Don't bring Sang into this," he returned.

"Why not?" Dr. Green countered.

"She's the reason that we are all here. She's the reason that we are doing this."

———————————————————————————————————————————

Kota paced the floor of the living room.

"Sit, Kota," North demanded, "your pacing is annoying the shit out of me."

Kota turned to North, who was standing looking out of the far window. Disbelief flitted across Kota's face.

"That's the best you can do, North? Stop pacing, Kota."

"Yeah," North volleyed, "I told you to stop it because you've done nothing but pace this floor for the last fifteen minutes, muttering to yourself."

"He's been muttering number sequences again," Victor conceded.

Victor was lounging in a chair in the corner of the room, one leg casually resting over the arm of the chair, an open book lay in his hands.

Kota threw a mutinous look towards Victor.
Victor threw his hands up in mock surrender.

"What? It's true, Kota! Even I'm becoming dizzy looking at you!"

Nathan was soundly snoozing on the couch, blissfully unaware from everything around him.
The door to the living room opened.
Gabriel and Luke walked in towards the couch and then threw themselves onto it and therefore on top of Nathan. It bounced with the suddenness of their movement.

"Shit!" Nathan's eyes shot open,"Fuck!" he hissed.

Suddenly, Gabriel and Luke found themselves a few feet from where they had started, courtesy of Nathan.

"Find your own damn couch!" Nathan bellowed.

Gabriel and Luke sat on the opposite couch.

"Better now?" Gabriel quipped at Nathan.

Nathan showed Gabriel the finger and then fell back down on the couch to resume his sleep.

"I'm bored," Gabriel declared as he blew part of his long fringe off his forehead.

His two toned hair was longer now and in need of some attention.

"That's the least of our worries," North snorted.