Chapter 26 - The Search

Chapter 26 – The Search

~~~ King Heralf

King Heralf walked along the docks of the Banli Port hoping the sunset would help him calm down.

It wasn't working.

He was still infuriated.

Freddrick arrived at the embassy that morning, just as the ransom note had dictated, but there had been no Prince Phillip to barter with. He couldn't figure out how Phillip escaped, but he was sure someone would be punished severely for it.

The look on Freddrick's face that morning really made Heralf's temper rise. That smug expression hinted that Freddrick knew his son wasn't there. That bastard had something to do with Phillip's escape, he just knew it.

Heralf had to find some way to shift things back into his favor.

He didn't care that he had disowned Gwenwyn for her actions, she deserved it. Still, Phillip was his grandson and that fact alone meant Heralf couldn't quit until Phillip accepted his Rramnon bloodline. He would not let possession of the Trade Kingdom slip through his fingers again.

Heralf looked across the port once more and glared at the Terrafein Royal Ship. The Kettu, was still docked. It meant that bastard Freddrick and his grandson were still in Jodan.

There was still a chance.

He appointed one of his guards to watch the Kettu. It took several hours to get a ship that size ready to sail. If the Terrafeins made a move to leave, Heralf would know about it.

He turned to leave the port but noticed a new ship coming in to dock. At first, the arrival of the merchant ship didn't cause Heralf any concern. The flag it was flying caught his attention, and made him look again.

He knew those colors.

The national symbol of Alminia?

He moved closer, while they were securing the ship, so he could watch the boat's crew disembarked.

What he saw surprised him.

As the crew went about unloading the vessel, several Alminian guards stepped out from below deck. Heralf then watched as two women appeared from the first mate's cabin.

One in particular caught his attention.

'Princess Alexandria?' He wondered.

What was the young Alminian Royal doing in Jodan?

~~~ Alexandria

Alexandria didn't expect being on the ship to feel as invigorating as it had. At the end of the two-week journey she had found herself wishing, just a little, that the journey had taken longer.

The captain of The Gail had insisted she and Tilly stay in their cabin while the crew was working on deck. They were only allowed out if the majority of the crew was sleeping. Alexandria would have been happier if she could have walked across deck during the day, but she had to admit that being aboard the merchant ship was exhilarating.

When the Princess first stepped on the deck all she could think about was helping Noah. But by the time the sun set on their first day all thoughts of Noah's rescue disappeared from Alexandria's mind.

Unfortunately, her escort, Tilly, was not apt to life on the ship.

The poor girl was sea sick for the entire trip, and for the first time in her life, Alexandria found herself taking care of someone else. Tilly's sickness did help distract Alexandria from constantly worrying about Noah.