Chapter 27 - Taken: By Suprise

Chapter 27 – Taken: By Surprise

~~~ Tilly

She ran as hard and as fast as she was able.

Something was wrong, she could feel it in the pit of her stomach.

Another wave of dizziness washed over her. She paused for a moment and tried to clear her head, but nothing worked. A familiar wave of panic washed over her. She forced herself to take a deep breath and continue towards the Embassy.

What had Alexandria been thinking?

Why had she gone to the Rramnon Embassy alone?

Why had the guards let her?

Tilly didn't know the answers to those questions.

All she knew was what the guards had told her. The Princess had left early that morning, and promised to return before lunch.

That was two hours ago.

Tilly had woken up with a jolt, at noon, which was when the feeling of panic first assaulted her. The doctor had informed her, that it was just a side affect of her seasickness, but this was nothing like the familiar queasiness during her time aboard the ship.

As the minutes ticked by Tilly was positive that something had gone wrong.

She wasn't exactly sure how she knew; she was just hoping that the Nobleman living at the Terrafein Embassy would believe her. Tilly couldn't go to the Rramnon Embassy alone and request to see Alexandria; she didn't have the social ranking to demand such a thing, but a representative from Terrafeuw did.

During the nauseating two-week journey, Tilly had learned much about her Mistress. One of the things that Alexandria had confided in her was the blood treaty between Alminia and Terrafeuw.

If the Alminian guards wouldn't believe her, perhaps a Terrafein Noble would.

Dizziness rolled over her again and Tilly had to lean onto a wall to keep from falling down as she inched herself forward.

Her head was pounding.

Her legs still acted like they were on the ship.

She could feel sweat dripping down the back of her neck as she looked up.

There it was, just a few buildings away.

"Thank the Sky." Tilly sighed in relief.

She forced her uncertain feet up the steps and pounded impatiently on the door.

Finally the butler answered. "Excuse me, sir, is the ambassador in?" She asked between large gasps of breath, "I need to speak with him...or...or her as soon as possible."

"Name please, Miss." He asked in an extremely bored tone.

"Tilly Ferguson of Alminia, sir. I'm the-"

The man didn't let her finish. "One moment please."

He left the room, and Tilly's exhaustion increased ten fold. She noticed a small bench a short distance away, and made her way towards it.

She didn't expect to see the young man that walked past her.

Tilly had to be hallucinating.

It was the only explanation.

Why else would he be there?

He didn't seem to notice her standing in the middle of the foyer, but she was positive she recognized him.