Plans

The next dreary morning of school, the students gathered on one of the two stadium's they had. Andrea showed up to school, even if she had the right not to go. She didn't want to be selfish in an event that wasn't only the loss of her baby naga, but the loss of who everyone knew was the theatre teacher.

Every student sat quietly as the clouded sky shaded them. The principal, vice principal, and every staff member gathered around as they talked about Mr. Parrish.

Andrea's thoughts were clouded as the adults spoke about the tragic death of a teacher. She only wondered if the authorities would actually be able to capture the rogue naga, and bring back her baby. She hoped so.

She was in deep thought when the warm grasp of John's hand on her shoulder made her snap back into reality. The entire group of theatre production was standing before the audience as Chamber Choir sang a song in honor of him. Andrea felt hot tears rolling off her soft pale skin. She wiped them away quickly, not wanting to cry more than she did already.

John noticed, and hugged her. She accepted the warm embrace, and cried silently into John's chest. The warmth of his jacket made her sink into him more. She craved the warmth and protection of it. She suddenly snapped back, when she realized what she was doing. Her gaze met John's only for a moment before speaking.

"I'm sorry.." She said quietly.

John patted and rubbed her back, reassuring her that it was going to be fine.

As everyone stood up to go to break, the two friends got up and slowly made their way out. At that moment a droplet hit Andrea's face and another landed on her glasses. She put her hood up and walked a bit faster, John close behind. She grabbed for her umbrella in her backpack and opened it once it started raining harder. The two stood awkwardly, waiting for their friends.

Andrea's mind slipped into her thoughts, looking intently at the ground. John stared at Andrea and hoped she would recieve her naga. He saw her grab for the small gem around her neck, gently carrassing it as if it was Vincent itself. Tears threatned to escape again, but she held them in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As John spoke with the young officer, Andrea sat in the chair, staring at her hands blankly.

"You have to find her naga!" John said defiantely.

Everyone knew finding the rogue naga would be difficult and stopping her would be harder.

"We're trying to find her, son. She moves fast for an elderly creature. We understand your girlfriend must be having a hard time losing her baby, but we're trying our best." The cop said.

John and Andrea flinched at the word "girlfriend." Andrea shifted awkwardly in her seat.

John continued, ignoring the term. "Please, officer. If there is anything we can do-"

He was stopped short by the sound of the door slamming open.

"Uncle! We have to talk."

John turned around to see his short friend.

"Jackie?"

Jackie stopped short to look blankly at him. John felt chills go down his spine from the glare she gave him.

"Uncle. I want to help find and stop this she-demon." She said bluntly.

The officer stared at her and had a thoughtful look. After a short-while he finally spoke up.

"No. I can't have a bunch of kids put themselves in danger."

The three friends sighed and tried to argue further. The officer held up his hand to stop them from speaking. He called in some other gaurds to escort them out of the building and Jackie's uncle returned to work.

"So much for a family reunion." Muttered Jackie.

They all stood still, trying to say something, only to come up short. As they stood there, it began raining again. They all moved slowly down the street. Luckily, they lived close from the police station. As they walked down the street, thoughts of what they could possibly do, filled their minds. Heading to Andrea's house, they walked in soaked. Suddenly, Jackie piped up.

"Guys. You all better be ready tomorrow. Pack up. We're going to be out for a long walk." It was more of an order, not a question.

"What are we doing?" Spueaked Andrea.

"We're going to go hunt Metier down."