Sirens

The rested group of young adventerurs had gotten up early and headed up the Bluff to continue on their quest. They all gathered their things early, to go at a quicker pace. The early risers in the group had waken up Andrew and Andrea.

They didn't exactly like it when they saw the sky was still dark.

"Why are we up so early?" Groaned Andrew, "We could've gotten more sleep!"

"Stop it Andrew." Jackie said with annoyance, "We're helping Andrea, so stop whining."

"I'm not whining," he whined.

"Stop it you two." John butted in, "Let's keep moving. Look we're at the top of the 'Bluff'."

Jackie stepped beside John and Andrea on the very top of the Bluff to see down below her. Down below layed out atleast 240 yards, or two football fields. At the end of that, they all saw the river.

"Yes! The river!" Shouted Jackie.

"Shh, you might alert some creatures." Andrea warned.

Jackie ignored her, jumping off the top to a rock on the other side of the Bluff. Going down much quicker than going up, they all made it down the Bluff within an hour.

They made their way into the dark forest, their weapons out, ready for any attack. When they knew nothing would attack them, they put their weapons away with ease, and walked freely.

Trying to start a conversation, Andrew asked, "Do you think the river is safe?"

The two girls wondered and looked over at John who had pulled out his map.

"I think so." He said not taking his eyes off the map, "It looks like any old river according to this map. It should be safe crossing over."

They all nodded.

John smiled as he layed his eyes on Andrea. His smile wavered and turned into a sad frown when he saw she was holding carefully onto her purple jewel.

After a while they were getting closer to the river, hearing the roars of the water going downstream. A wave of relief washed over them, realizing they had run out of water as well.

"Hey Andrea," Jackie interrupted their walk, "I need to talk to you. Andrew, John, go ahead and get some water for us. We'll be there in a bit."

She grabbed Andrea's bottle and her own, throwing it at them. They caught the bottles with ease.

Andrew smiled and nodded walking towards the clear exit of the forest. John seemed confused, but refused to ask anything, so he followed Andrew.

As the two guys came upon the moving river, they sat down and listened to the water for a while. John took out his water bottle and scooped up some clear water. He inspected it to see if it had any worms or if it was contaminated, but much to his surprise it was perfect. He grabbed Andrea's bottle and filled it up. He noticed Andrew doing the same with his own bottle and decided to ask what was up with Andrea and Jackie.

"Hey Andrew, what's up with Andrea and Jackie?"

Andrew looked over to him and smiled.

"She knows you like her."

John paused and looked at him in confusion.