Floating Cavern

After gathering their things John kept blushing each time he even heard Andrea's voice. He was dissapointed he was the one that got saved. He didn't expect that to happen and it bothered him.

It didn't bother him however when he realized what he got saved from. There wasn't anything that he could've done to avoid the Sirens.

Again he blushed when he saw Andrea. The trance he was put into was one he wanted to forget. The image the Sirens put in his mind was plastered in.

The image of Andrea singing to him and begging him to love her went across his mind again. He thought it was real and he felt foolish for it. He shook his head as Jackie screamed at him to hurry up.

"Oh uhh..yeah sorry." He whispered.

As he stood, he saw his friends staring at him. He blushed again and pulled out the map to continue walking.

"Uhhh.. Jackie?" He started, "Where did you go to get across the river?"

"Oh over that small cliff." She pointed towards a rocky cliff and they all saw vines hanging, long enough to swing over.

She stopped them and seemed like she needed to talk to them, "John, may I please see the map?"

"Uhh yeah sure." He handed over the map.

"You seemed bothered by whatever those Sirens made you see. Let me..." She placed her hand on his shoulder, "help you WASH out the image."

John opened his mouth to say something but found himself in the water. He easily stayed above the water and gasped for breath from the shock of being pushed in.

"Swim! You deserve it!" She turned to Andrew, "I'd throw you in, but I know your skill in swimming is as good as you are in anything else."

She stormed off with steam rising from her head. She scooped up the frightened Olive that watched her owner being pushed in.

Andrew and Andrea left in shock, while John was already swimming across the river. Andrew putting his sword away, and Andrea putting her pack on and making sure she still had her pocket knife.

They followed the enraged girl as she swung her way over the river. She waited, tapping her foot childishly for her friends to do the same.

Once they were all together, they continued their journey.

They walked another 120 yards of thick forest. After the long and quiet journey of walking, they finally made it to the "field."

Andrea, Andrew, and John all stared at the sight, amazed. Jackie was impressed as well but a lot more angry than anything else.

Before them, was a magnificent display. Where the field should have been, was a mountain. Only the field was missing and the mountain lay floating, underneath it, was an abyss. Dragons flew in and out of the giant mountain from a single side. A gaping hole, a cavern, was their home. Their floating home slowly turned in the air, as many dragons in various colors and sizes poured out and in.

"Great." Sighed Jackie, "What do we do now?"

She was right and they knew it. They were cornered by a giant floating rock.

They spoke for a while deciding on what to do. They knew their animals couldn't help in any way since they were so young. Taint was the only one of the three that could fly but he was still a baby. The only option they knew they had was to hitch a ride on one of the dragons.