Chapter 9-The Hurtful Words

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 9-The Hurtful Words

Sydney Carrington's POV

I stroked the paint brush against the canvas quickly and scoffed to myself. Painting was a way for me to release my emotions out. And right now, my emotions were in absolute turmoil.

Kingston cared about me?

Lies! I scoffed and stopped for a moment to wipe the paint off my cheeks. If he truly ever cared about me, he would've let me go back to Will and he would't have hurt me.

How could you claim to care about someone and you hurt them? I couldn't wrap my head around that sort of thinking. It was beyond ridiculous.

Yesterday when Kingston had showed me the art room he had given me, I was stunned and blown away. It was literally the dream room I would have when I was older and mated with Will.

And looking at the materials like the paint brushes and the blank canvases stacked up against the walls, I had to prevent my hands from reaching out to touch the items littering the room.

But then, reality crashed into me and suddenly, I knew why he had given me that room. It was obviously to ease the guilty conscience of hurting me.

By giving me something in return, he was obviously trying to ease the discomfort of hurting me and I became angry. Of course I demanded if he was trying to make himself feel better by giving me a room full of art supplies.

And when he had told me had cared for me, all accusations and hurtful words I wanted to say had disappeared. It seemed as if they were all stuck in my throat. Also, I was still mystified that he hadn't retaliated against me when I had accused him and rebelled against him.

But I had seen his eyes start to darken before he left. And I was thankful that he hadn't hurt me even though I was expecting it.

I sighed and stopped painting altogether and looked at the canvas in front of me. I was almost done and I hadn't realised that I was painting a full moon with a lone wolf howling against the dark and ominous background. Glancing around the art room that Kingston had given me, a pang had hit in my heart because I knew that my dreams weren't going to come true.

Now that I was twenty years of age, it wasn't unusual for females to be with child. I had dreamed of having a child who be beside me as I painted in my art room in a house that Will and I would share. But now, that dreams smashed into millions of tiny stars that would never come true.

Pushing my thoughts away, I decided to take a shower before making my way down to the kitchen where Cara and a few women were going to gather to have a tea party of sorts as a more casual way to welcome me into the pack.

I was rather looking forward to it. Having friends here would make this place a lot less like hell.