Chapter 32-The One Behind Everything

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 32-The One Behind Everything

Sydney Carrington's POV

"Mom?!"

I sputtered out in horror and disbelief and all I could do was gape at my mother who entered the living room with a group of men and women.

Her gaze was locked on mine and sadness was etched on her face. "Sydney. I told you, it's a crime to be with a Kingston."

I narrowed my eyes at her as murderous intent swarmed through me, "You're behind all of this? What the hell does Brendon have to do with all of this? He is nothing like his father or his uncle!" I shouted and my mother regarded me coolly.

"Who said I was behind all of this? I'm just a part of it. His father killed my husband." My mother said calmly and I frowned, confused. "Then who is it?"

"I am." The woman who was standing beside my mother spoke up. She had auburn hair and striking blue eyes and she looked younger than my mother by a decade at least.

"You may not know me, but I'm Nora Marston. I'm Cara's mother."

My eyes widened and I studied her even closer. Now that she had mentioned it, I could see the vague similarities of her and Cara. Both had oval facial features and were generally quite short. Where Cara had a joyful demeanour in the past, Nora seemed cool and emotionless.

Now it made sense. Cara had spoken earlier about wanting acceptance and not fitting in. What better way to get that when it was given by her own mother whom Cara never knew?

"Why are you doing this? Is this because of Brendon's father? I'm sorry that he hurt you in the past but Brendon and I have nothing to with this! And he's bleeding! Please get him help!" I begged as I shot concerned glances towards Brendon where a small pool of blood was forming on the ground.

At the mention of blood, Nora narrowed her eyes at me and her eyes stopped at my bruised cheek before gazing at Brendon before demanding harshly. "Who harmed them? I told you no one was to be harmed!"

Immediately, the hushed whispers turned silent and Cara spoke, "Kyle and the Winston brothers." Nora turned and glared harshly at the men. "Didn't I tell you that no one is to be harmed?"

The men shifted uneasily while Kyle stood apart from them with an expressionless face as he watched on. Nora gave a subtle nod to the man beside her and before I knew it, four heads were rolling on the ground.

I bit back a scream at that. Fucking hell, I was dealing with an insane bitch! I looked up to see my mother with a grimace on her face as she stared at the heads. Looking at Cara, I noticed that she was looking at her mother with a tiny bit of uncertainty.

"Kyle, what did I say about not following my orders?" Nora questioned and Kyle shifted his feet under the scrutiny of her hard stare, "She attacked me, it was all self-defense!"