Chapter 13-The Mark

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 13-The Mark

Sydney Carrington's POV

Ever since the picnic, I began to see Kingston in a new light. I didn't see him as the cold cruel, heartless man now. All I saw was someone who was deeply hurt and was thus lashing out at everyone.

This obviously wasn't going to be an excuse for him hurting me, but it explained a lot. I've never heard of the wolf having so much control over the person before until meeting Kingston.

And I was a hundred percent sure that whatever was going on with his wolf was due to the childhood or past he had. Cara did mention that his nightmares were due to their father and uncle. And because I was born curious. Actually more curious than the average person, I wanted to know what happened.

Now, that the weather was getting colder, it meant that winter was approaching and because of that, the committee members of the pack were organising a winter party to commemorate the start of winter.

The committee members were wolves who did the planning and organising of pack events like, welcome parties, werewolf traditions or customs and any sort of events as long as they were approved by the Alpha or Beta.

The European pack also had council members who were also known as leaders. As this pack was the largest, wolves were divided and a leader was appointed to take charge of that smaller group and report back to Kingston.

I thought that this management and organisation was actually quite efficient compared to the system back in the North American pack. There, everyone reported directly to the Alpha.

So in about less than an hour, the winter party will start in the pack house and I would have to be there earlier along with Kingston to start it off, seeing that I was the Luna and Kingston was the Alpha.

"Sydney! Are you ready? Oh good you are! You look amazing!" Cara beamed excitedly as she caught sight of me.

I smiled and shrugged a little awkwardly, I wasn't one to take compliments easily. "You look really nice too. I'm sure Adam must be really lucky."

Cara blushed and I laughed. I was dressed in a pale blue strapless knee length dress. It was figure hugging up to my waist before flaring out to my knees. When the pack's dressmaker handed it to me, I was stunned and amazed. It was a beautiful dress.

My hair was straightened and light make up was applied. Silver ballet flats adorned my feet and the pin that Kingston had given me to wear was pinned on the right side of my dress.

Right now, things between Kingston and I were not as strained and awkward as before. We would converse and he would bring me out for meals and such or he would even cook.

But at times, there would be the occasional awkward silence here and there where Kingston or I would have no idea how to fill it. And things weren't going to be perfect but they were getting better.