Chapter 14-The Truth

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 14-The Truth

Sydney Carrington's POV

I stepped onto the North American pack territory line and immediately, a guard stepped out of the shadows.

"Who's there?"

I licked my lips and stepped into view. "Sydney. Sydney Carrington." Now that I had lived in the European Pack for more than three weeks, the pack territory here in the North American pack seemed small.

Even though the European continent was the second smallest continent, they had the largest territory due to a major pack war between the European pack and the Asian pack in the seventeenth century. The Asian pack had lost more than half of their territory and had never claimed it back to this day. Thus, the European pack had the largest territory.

"Carrington- I mean Luna, how are you back?" An astonished voice questioned and I saw one of the more well known guards of the North American pack.

I swallowed harshly, "I came to visit my siblings." I didn't dare talk about Will. Despite missing him, I was afraid of what his reaction would be when I would see him again. During the Mating ceremony during the season, I had been unable to look at him due to grief and sadness of our lost future.

Would he hate me for that?

"I-I should really alert the Alpha-"

"No! Please! I need some alone time with my siblings first. Please! I need to see them!" I said forcefully and pleadingly.

Sensing the authoritative tone I had used that came with being Luna of the most powerful pack, the guard nodded his head jerkily and stepped aside to let me pass.

"Thank you." I said gratefully and tipped the brim of my hat even lower to conceal my face. I didn't need anyone seeing me now so that they could alert the Alpha that a trespasser of sorts was here in pack territory.

I walked casually, concealing my scent with heavily scented perfume and walked towards my old home. Glancing around inconspicuously to see if I had been noticed before knocking on the door.

Moments passed and nobody answered. Frowning, I became confused. It was a Saturday night and Sarah and Sean should be home. Pressing my lips together, I bent down beside the potted plant and dug for the spare key that we had kept there.

Picking it up, I inserted it into the keyhole and unlocked the door and stepped in. The house looked the same. Dirty dishes were piled up in our sink due to Sean, flowers were all around, the floor was clean and tidy but somehow, the house lacked something. And I didn't know what it was.

"Sarah? Sean? Are you home?" I called out as I walked around the house. Climbing up the stairs, I entered my room and nostalgia hit me. Looking at everything, it seemed that it was untouched since the day I left with Will for the ceremony.