Chapter 23-The Almost Reveal

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 23-The Almost Reveal

Sydney Carrington's POV

"You're serious? I can go?"

Kingston shot me a dry look, "Technically, you were always welcomed but this time, it would matter considering you'll be in charge of some of the communities."

I rolled my eyes at his tone and crossed my arms. You would think Kingston would be acting differently around me after he had confessed his love for me. That was about a week ago and I was still stunned by that declaration. I hadn't said those words back. And well, I didn't know when I would, even though I wanted to.

"Alright. I'll go for the meeting with you tomorrow." I smiled as I sorted through another set of paperwork. Apparently, Kingston was swarmed with too much work and meetings and spending time with me to sort out paperwork and as a result, his office was a mess. Thus, I took it upon myself to help him out with it.

"I have to head out to grab something from the pack house and see the North leader. I'll be back in an hour or so and then we can go for lunch?"

I nodded and beamed at him. "Of course, I'll see you later." Kingston pressed a kiss to my forehead before leaving and my heart fluttered at how loving he was with me.

Once Kingston was gone, I was back to sorting out the paperwork but my head went back to those very words he had said again.

Sydney, I love you. It's okay if you don't feel the same way. You won't even look at me straight in the eye for long. But its alright, I'll wait for you, however long it may take.

As the words echoed in my brain, I sighed deeply. I knew Kingston meant every single word spoken that day even the part about waiting for me and I guess that me not returning the words must definitely hurt. But I knew I wouldn't say those words until I was truly sure about the feelings of my heart.

Now? I was still slightly unsure. I cared deeply for Kingston but declaring to him that I loved him when I myself wasn't a hundred percent sure? No. I looked down at my wrist where Kingston's name was scrawled on and my heart ached from how Kingston must be feeling.

Now that we were comfortable around each other, neither Kingston or I used the mate bond to feel each other's feelings and I stopped blocking him out. Why read emotions when you could see it for yourself?

I used to think that Kingston was a very closed off person, not showing anyone his true emotions and thoughts. That was until I knew the real him. The one that was so full of hurt and raw emotions that he could barely express himself without flying into a rage.

Sighing once again, I sorted the papers before stopping when a picture caught my eyes. The picture was decades old and it was probably misplaced as it was among papers for land expansion and whatnot.

Curiosity picked at me and I lifted it up to get a closer look. What was on the photograph made my heart stop. There were two couples in the photo, one of them was Kingston's parents and the other was...mine.