Half A Heart.

August yelped slightly as he was pulled in a janitor closet. He had been on his way to math, talking quite happiky to Olivia, hoping to get a date. He turnt around ready to shout at whoever had taken that away from him when he saw the worried look on Henry's face.

"Dude. What's wrong?"

Henry sighed and leant against the wall.

"We gotta get this fixed Pinnochio. I'm done living this life, it sucks."

August sighed, Henry hadn't called him Pinnochio in ages, they had bothed adopted his new name.

"Henry. We tried. For the first week we did nothing but search, we found nothing. We can't do this. I know that you don't want to let your parents down but it's the way it is."

Henry clenched his fists.

"No. It's not the way it is. I know we can fix this, and I know where we need to look now."

August lifted his head and rose and eyebrow.

"Cora's vault."

"You found it?"

Henry nodded.

"Yeah, it's in the woods, we just gotta get in, but I know that there is no magic here so the worst we will have to face is a padlock."

August nodded. He had settled for life here, but he wasn't going to turn down the chance to go home.

"We're going tonight. My mum has a date."

Henry let out a shiver at the word. August's jaw dropped.

"Ruby is looking after me, I can easily get passed her, can you get out?"

"Of course."

Henry nodded and the fist bumped before quickly leaving the closet.

RE....RE....RE....RE....

"Goodnight Henry."

Ruby called as he walked up the stairs, or made it sound like he did.

He waited a couple of minutes and then slowly snuck into the kitchen. He had hidden the key earlier and so quickly unlocked the door and left, locking it again once he was out.

Henry stood and looked around.

"Pinnochio."

Henry whispered and soon saw his friend appearing.

"I got my dad's bolt cutters."

August tapped his backpack and then slung it over his shoulder. Henry nodded and they quickly left the house. They walked off mifflin street and straight into the open woods at the end.

"There should be a path coming up soon."

August nodded and turned the flashlight on his phone on low, pointing it to the ground.

Soon they couod see slight wearing of the ground and missing lumps of grass. Henry smiled and they followed the path.

August shivered. They had been following this path for twn minutes now and only found more trees, he felt they were going in circles.

"Henry. Dude, maybe we got it wrong. I'm sure I've seen that shrub before."

Henry was about to agree when he looked up and saw a dark shadow, connecting to a crypt like building.

"There it is."

Henry whispered and they both approached slowly. It was big and definitely belonged to Cora, that was clarified by the big heart shaped lock, that had a key hole in the centre.