You Never Know Unless You Try

Regina strode into her office and slammed the door shut, letting everyone know she was not to be disturbed.

The camping trip had been fun, but brought up many feelings that she wished to forget. She had woken up to and empty tent and when she went outsiders to join her son and Emma making breakfast, Emma had pretended that the night before did not happen, she just ignored Regina for the rest of the trip only answering questions quickly, ending any conversation that could have been made.

Regina collapsed into her chair and tried to fight the reasoning of why she cared so much. She could not and would not fall in love with Emma Swan again, ever again. She had Robin, she didn't need the insufferable blonde, the annoying, childish, beautiful blonde. Her cheap red jacket, that hugged her perfectly. Regina was suddenly overcome with images from when the form was hers to touch, to hold and have hold her. NO!

Regina shook her head and looked down at the stack of paperwork on her desk, she just needed to stop thinking about her for a while and it would all go back to normal. She had thought these feelings off for years, she can continue to do it for longer.

RE....RE....RE....RE....

Emma sighed and turbot off the old computer in the sheriffs office, the poor quality was hurting her eyes and the humming noise was getting on her nerves.

"What's wrong blondey?"

Emma looked up and smiled at Killian.

"Why are you here? You never work."

Killian mocked pain and fell into the chair closest to him.

"Heard you had a hard weekend, thought I'd volunteer to take you out, blow off some steam."

He wiggled her eyebrows at her suggestively.

"Still gay buddy."

Killian sighed and then laughed.

"All the best ones are. How's the kid?"

Emma smiled and span in her chair.

"He's good. I thought this weekend would show Regina how serious I am but no. I woke up cuddling her."

Killian smirked, "old habits".

Emma nodded sadly.

"I'm such an idiot Kill. I just threw away the best thing that ever happened to me, and why. Because, I'm selfish."

Killian sighed, he had comforted the blonde so many times over the years, too many to count.

"You're both still in love with one another but both to scared to act. I say, you march right into her office and kiss her, remind her of how good you were together."

Emma shook her head.

"She has tree boy now."

"You're still better. Go remind her of that. I know, on strong information that she has had to stop herself calling your name out on too many occasions."

Emma clenched her fist.

"I don't wanna know about them doing that Kill."

Killian smiled.

"They haven't. Neither of them have tried, she told him she doesn't care for it."

Emma let out a laugh, leaving that as her comment on the subject.

"Just try Em. You never know until you try."

RE....RE....RE....RE....
Emma pulled up outside of the town hall. They had a meeting and she had to attend this one, she had to attend them all in truth but she really didn't want to anger Regina anymore this week.