Run In With Mildew

The snowfall from the night before coated the village streets and shone in the warm sunlight. Berk's inhabitants were resting peacefully, except for a certain duo.

Hiccup and his Night Fury, Toothless, were peirceing the sky as they fly at what was an exhilarating speed. They slowed to a gentle drift as they rose above the clouds looking down at Berk. Hiccup smiled to himself and Toothless seeing Hiccup's enjoyment chuckled, (or so it seemed from a dragon mouth).

"Hey Toothless, look there bud!"

Hiccup pointed to the streets below. Their eyes focused on an old man muttering, (most likely complaints), to himself headed for the Haddock household. Now, Hiccup wouldn't be to concerned with this, escpecialy since Mildew had complaints about everything.

"Stoick, the island is to cold for Fungus!"

"Gobber, this wagon is worse than before, can't you fix it right!"

"Hiccup, these dragons are destroying my cabbages!"

But, he would never be out this early, (he also had complaints of the dragons being to loud in the morning for him to sleep, so his father had put a ban on no dragons flying in a half-mile radius of the old man.) Toothless also had a feeling that Mildew was up to something, even if Hiccup didn't have the proof. Only two weeks earlier had Mildew convinced the village to ban dragons to Dragon Island. Before Hiccup could say it out loud, Toothless understood. He flew lower and landed in the glinting snow a couple of feet in front of Mildew.

"What are you thinking boy?! Landing your filthy beast in front of me, let alone the village!"

Hiccup ignored the remark and skillfully slipped of of Toothless' back.

"What are you doing in the village Mildew? Don't you visit enough?" -with all your complaints," he thought inside his mind.

"Shut up boy, You have no business of questioning me!"

Mildew gritted his teeth. Hiccup also gritted his teeth with as much force or even more then Mildew.

He hated Hiccup- no- he loathed him. The boy did nothing but destroy the one thing he liked, killing dragons. He forced himself not to use those "special" words, knowing that as the chief's son, he would most defiantly be banished.

By now the village was waking and many were heading out of their homes to get started for the day. They all froze in their tracks seeing Hiccup and Mildew glaring at each other with no mercy. Everyone knew this was no good, no it was terrible. What was unfolding in front of them was about to get serious. As more and more villagers awoke, many stared at the scene praying to Odin and Thor for nothing to go wrong.

"You should know Mildew, I am very curious."

With this Mildew took a step closer, or was about to when a forgotten Toothless growled from behind Hiccup. Said dragon stepped forward standing beside Hiccup and raising himself so he was at Mildew's height. Hiccup knowing Toothless was protecting him but didn't want trouble, yet, stroked Toothless calming the dragon. Toothless understood and lowered himself but still stood ground beside Hiccup.

By now all of the teens, (Astrid, Snotlout, Fishlegs, Ruffnut, Tuffnut) had come out of their homes to start dragon training, only to be frozen in their tracks as the rest of the village. The squeaking sound of a door hinge opening, but not closing told them another person was frozen in their tracks. This must of been unimportant to the village but to Hiccup it was everything, same for Mildew.

Hiccup new that squeak of a door hinge, especially it being the hinge that he was supposed to oil but had put off so he could go dragon racing. Hiccup and swiftly turned around and Mildew swiftly looked up. The break of eye contact caused the rest of the village to look up at what they were now looking at. If the village could have gone any stiller, it would have looked like a speed stinger ambush.

Stoick looked down with a blank expression down at the village.

He had woken to the sound of Hiccup's prosthetic tapping and the Toothless' coos. He smiled while under his covers knowing the lad and his dragon always went for a refreshing flight in the morning. He then realized it had snowed and stood up to look out the window just in time to see the talented duo take of to the sky. Winter could never had looked so amazing in Berk. Smiling even brighter decided a few more minutes of sleep couldn't cause much trouble.

He was so, so, so wrong.

First of all Hiccup was his son, that should have been enough to convince anyone. Hiccup + Toothless + The teens and their dragons = only one thing, and that effect didn't even have a word to describe it.

Now he looks from his door watching what looked like a battle about to break out. He could hear from there the minute Hiccup and Mildew made eye contact with him.

"Dad?!"

"Stoick?!"