Plan of Misery

Hiccup jumped onto Toothless the second his dad allowed him to go. Above, he saw the village still frozen but there was some movement coming from a few houses.

"More people to watch my dad kill Mildew, Great."

Hiccup and Toothless smiled and stopped flying in circles above the village. Even though Hiccup said that last comment sarcastically, he was glad Mildew was getting what he deserved. Toothless though so too, after all, it was Mildew who convinced the village to get rid of the dragons, preferably Toothless.

They headed towards the dragon training arena. The snow fell through the metal bars that made the roof, so the floor was covered with snow and footprints. The snow fall from that night made the village shine brighter than normal. The flight they had this morning made them feel that much brighter, until he heard the beats of many dragon wings headed toward the arena.

"Ha, I win the Who-Ever-Gets-To-The-Arena-First-Wins-And-Gets-To-Question-Hiccup Race!

"What do you mean you won?! I win! My dragon is way faster than yours!

"In your yak-filled dreams sis."

"I actually remember you were the one who needed mom to help you go to sleep."

"No!"

"Yes!"

"Liar!"

"Liar!"

"Ruff, Tuff, same dragon." "And no one won the Who-Ever-Gets-To-The-Arena-First-Wins-And-Gets-To-Question-Me Race."

Ruffnut and Tuffnut showed no sign of hearing him and proceeded to argue. Astrid, Snotlout, and Fishlegs, however walked over to him, their boots adding to his fresh footprints.

"H-Hiccup, what happened?"

Fishlegs looked scared and walked over to Meatlug, scratching her and comforting her. Fishlegs went into complete breakdown when he had to leave Meatlug at Dragon Island.

"It went exactly as Gobber and my uncle told you." "I just... don't like Mildew."

"Yeah right! Who likes him? All that grumpy old man does is complain. Why else would we build his house so far from the village?"

"It's not like that Snotlout, I just don't trust him."

When Hiccup said that, the arena fell silent, even Ruffnut and Tuffnut stopped arguing. They knew what he meant and wordlessly agreed. It was Mildew's fault their dragons has been banished.

"Never mind though, now it's time for training."

"Were still having training!"

Hiccup, Astrid, Fishlegs all rolled their eyes at the other three's comment. Of course they were still training, this was Hiccup they were talking about. He would never pass up a day to learn about dragons, maybe even more, than Fishlegs.

Snotlout began complaining along with the twins, their breaths blowing rings of smoke through the frosty air.

"Fine."

Smiles on Ruff, Tuff, and Snotlout's side.

"Instead we're going to play Dragon Quiz."

Groans of protest from said three as the others began pulling out the barrels and chalkboard. The dragons curled up on the side as they watched their riders.

"Ready?" "Question 1: What dragon has 6..."

What was supposed to have been Hiccup asking questions and the rest answering them, soon became a full blown game of survival. Hiccup was hiding behind the chalkboard, Astrid and Fishlegs tucked behind a fort of barrels, and that left Snotlout, Ruffnut, and Tuffnut crouched behind a wooden hurdle.

It began with Snotlout's Team, (Ruff, Tuff, and himself), getting annoyed with the fact they were losing. So what was supposed to have been their 4th question, Snotlout stopped Hiccup. Instead he asked Astrid's Team, (Fishlegs, herself).

"What's the shot limit of a Monstrous Nightmare?"

"It's ..."

"No one?" "Okay then." "Hookfang!"

Hookfang shot fireball after fireball at Astrid and Fishlegs, (whom both ducked just in time) melting the snow. Hiccup was about to tell them off when Astrid interrupted him. Next thing he knew was watching Stormfly shoot spines at the opposing team.

So this was the explanation given to the chief when he walked in seeing Hiccup sitting proudly on Toothless, both smiling, as the rest of the teens and their dragons were picking themselves off the floor. Due to the fire from the dragons, the snow was melted, the arena floor soaked, and the teens shivering in the water mixing with the cold air around them.

The chief walked out of his hut watching the old man wobble home. As chief he didn't have time, but for his son, he would put everything on the line. He decided to start the days duties after a quick breakfast. He heads over to the Great Hall. Seating himself with his brother, the blacksmith, and a few others, he sighed.

"Stoick, what you-"

"Stoick, why help your son, it was obviously his fault causing a ruckus." "That child himself is probably the son of lightning and death." "Useless fishbone he is, that one." "But Snotlout, perfect Viking, he is." "He could hunt down a-"

Gobber sensing his friends worries began to speak, only to have his troll of a brother start all over, gloating about Snotlout's abilities. Gobber glared at him, and continued.

"Stoick, what you did was good." "Your relationship with Hiccup is improving."

Before Stoick could reply though, Mulch walks in panting as if he had run here, straight from his farm. Which he did.

"Stoick.... Bucket... Pain... Storm... 4 days..."

Stoick could remember him, Gobber, and Mulch arriving to their frozen farm with Bucket in the sheep pen moaning in agony. He went back to the Great Hall to announce the storm's arrival. Everyone immediately began to stock the Hall with blankets, wood, medicine, food-which reminded him.

Hiccup and the rest of the teens and their dragons could go fishing, but he quickly rethinks the thought as he watches them all shiver in the cold, but all still smiling. Maybe they could bring timber from the woods? Yes. But first, he would send them home to warm themselves up.

All the teens split up afterwards, heading home to warm-up. They decided they would set out at dawn, and go to the east forest, right behind Mildew's house. Four days, Hiccup thought.

After changing out of his old tunic and into a new one, he cuddled beside Toothless in the fire. His fur vest was on a chair behind him dripping with water, but drying nonetheless. He couldn't recall when, but he fell asleep. He woke when Toothless began nosing him to get up. It was dinnertime, so he put on his cold but dry vest and headed out.

"Whooo... Bucket is right, it feels as if the village dropped 20 degrees!"

Hiccup sat down in the loud but warm Great Hall talking to the teens, then heading back home. He needed all his sleep, if he wanted to wake up at the crack of dawn.

Mildew was in his hut searching his backroom pulling out a vial that contained a yellow-gray liquid. His day was getting better and better! This vial was the answer to all his problems! And the announcement of the storm!

Stoick won't know what hit him.

Nor will Hiccup.

He smiled in for the first time in 5 years, but it was full of pain and misery... for him no. For Hiccup... he could hear the screams now.

_________________________________

WAHAHA!

DIE... DIE!

(NOT HICCUP)(BUT MILDEW, YES!)

But sadly, Mildew won't die, (not a big fan of death fics), unless I get bored.

If I get bored... Mildew better run... OF A CLIFF!

WAHAHA!

*cough* That's it, no more evil laughter...

REMEMBER TO REVIEW!