Childhood

You couldn't remember your childhood in exact detail but you did have several memories which you never forgot...
--
When you were eight, you had to walk home alone as Shuu had extra lessons. While on the way back, you were approached by several ghouls who cornered you in an alley. It was the most frightening moment of your life, you swore you thought you were going to die until Shuu appeared and killed them all within seconds.

He scooped you up and hugged you firmly, "don't cry, my little," he cooed, rubbing your back in a comforting manner. He had a habit of calling you his little; it was the first thing he called you when he held you in his arms as a baby.
--
When you were twelve, you were bullied by some other girls for being so close to Shuu, and out of fear, you avoided your own brother for as long as possible until he found out on his own.

He was infuriated and thanks to some connections, he got the girls expelled from the school.
--
When you were seventeen, a boy asked you out on a date, which you accepted.

A few minutes into having dinner with him, you noticed Shuu, Kanae and Matsumae hiding, very conspicuously, behind a bush.

"Excuse me for a moment," you said, before approaching them and attempted to get them to leave; you took so long that your date actually left and you sulked for the whole night.
--
You also remembered the time you had a genuine crush on someone, it was merely infatuation, but it followed you through the rest of your life. It was the boy Shuu wanted to eat.

"Kaneki Ken," your brother answered when you asked for the boy's name, "he is so-" Shuu almost said a French term, but stopped himself and smiled, "wonderful."

You had nothing against your family's tendency to speak other languages but you were really bad at them, so they tended to stick with just Japanese when conversing with you.

"Why the curiosity, my little?" He asked.

"Nothing much," you replied, wondering if you could ever meet him again.
--
You never did meet Kaneki Ken since then, you knew your brother had interacted with him several times but you could never follow along, Shuu was worried you might get hurt.

Fair enough, you thought but still hoped that you could've at least been friends with him.
--
When you were twenty, you couldn't recognise your brother anymore; he was in a deep depression and didn't have the will to live like he did before; all because Kaneki Ken was dead.

You were quite sad that he was gone and even more so when you saw how badly your brother was taking it.
--
Your thoughts were in a mess when you crossed the street, you'd noticed the vehicle approaching you and for a second you wondered, now nice it'll be to leave this world.

"Watch out!" A voice shouted as a person tackled you, saving your life.

When you saw his face, you knew, you had the chance to meet Kaneki Ken, after all; and at the same time, your brother could live again.