Nutcracker

"This is boring isn't it?" You said, sighing. You enjoyed teaching the Quinx, you really did but they already knew everything you were supposed to teach them. Anatomy. DNA structures. Kagune types. Kakugan parts. Everything.

Why'd the CCG even bother to hire me anyway? Your connections were strong but you didn't know they were so strong you could convince this big time organisation to hire someone for a completely useless job.

You smiled when you saw the few of them perk up slightly, looking forward to what they hoped you were going to say. "I'll make a deal with you guys," you sat on your desk and crossed your legs, "I won't teach you like this anymore if you come to me first if you have any questions on ghouls and etc."

The response you got was the quickest you ever gotten your whole life.
--
You weren't expected to fight but still demanded to know about their missions and duties, "just curious," you'd reply if they asked.

The next one they were assigned to was the investigation into a ghoul the CCG dubbed as Nutcracker. It took you a while to realise but once you did, you sighed and thought, not her again. There must be another event coming up... Like an auction? She's always up for easy jobs.

Unexpectedly, you were right. A while later, Mutsuki Tooru was telling you about how there was going to be a huge ghoul auction and his basic opinions on them. You felt conflicted; a part of you enjoyed going to watch auctions such as the one coming up but another part of you thinks that it's quite horrible for your kind to just sell humans away like that.
--
The night before the Qs planned to try to investigate more on Nutcracker, you laid in bed, wondering if you're to be called to return home for a while to take part in the event. After all, your brother needed finer meals than the usual kind. Your thoughts were cut short when someone knocked on your door.

"Come in." You said, not moving from your rather comfortable position from the bed. You heard a creak as your visitor pushed your door open slowly, turning your head to look at them, you smiled when you saw that it was Haise.

"Good evening, (Y/N)," he chirped and closed the door behind him, "as you know, the Quinx and I are going to investigate more on the Nutcracker ghoul tomorrow and my plan is rather... Odd." Where was this going?

"Um," you sat up and faced him, Haise was already sitting in a chair, opposite of you, "alright?"

"I was just wondering..." He continued, his cheeks blushing. It was then you felt your heart begin to pound viciously in your chest, what's he going to ask? "Could you lend me your makeup?"

what.

"Oh!" You replied hastily, failing to mask your disappointed tone, "okay!"

"Are you alright?" Haise asked, "you look rather upset."

"I-I'm fine!" You got up and ushered him out of your room, "I'm completely okay! Don't worry about me, Haise." You fumbled with your words as you muttered a goodnight and shut the door in his face.

Sighing as you fell back onto your mattress, you cringed at how awkward you felt around him. It wasn't just the fact that he was Kaneki Ken, but also how he'd saved your life before, how kind and caring he was towards you and also the one thing you couldn't deny:

He was hot.