Knight

When the clock struck 12, you silently made your way to the front door and opened it, a sigh of relief escaping your lips as you picked up the package and returned to your room.

Inside, your new mask awaited for you and you were excited to see what Matsumae had chosen for you.
--
Haise stayed up at night thinking, were you really what you seemed to be? A part of him suspected that you were indeed the Lady ghoul but another part of him denied it completely.
--
You sat on your bed, tears streaming down your cheeks as you hold the mask carefully. It was just like hers. Your heart yearned to see her again, to see Shuu again and talk to them, spend time with them.

Unknowingly, all the time you spent here made you realise how much you missed them.

What you didn't know, was that you'd be seeing them very soon again...
--
A few days later, you received news from the Quinx that the CCG was going to storm your home, the Tsukiyama Mansion, under the suspicion that they were ghouls.

You stood in the living room, watching as your team prepared themselves to head to the CCG. "We'll be home before you know it, (Y/N)," Haise said, noticing your crestfallen face, thinking that you were only worried about them.

"I know," you replied, giving him a small smile back. "I'll have food ready for you guys, okay?" You said, suddenly feeling a wave of emotions knowing that not only was your family in danger but also that you were going to battle with this team, this wonderful group of people who looked up to you.

You'd already prepared to leave the moment they were an earshot away, ready to return home to protect your loved ones. But you had forgotten then that these were the people you were going to have to kill in order to do so.

"We'll be looking forward to it!"
--
You followed them from the rooftops, jumping from building to building to catch up. You didn't have the chance to see them just yet but you knew you would have if you could keep up.

Eventually, they made their way to the Lunar Eclipse building and so did you.

Landing on the building's roof, you ran down the stairs, only to encounter someone familiar making his way the way you came.

"(Y/N)?"

"Shuu?"

Your brother pulled you into a firm embrace and buried his face in the crook of your neck, breathing in your comforting scent. "What are you doing here?" He asked, voice shaky.

"To save our family." You pulled away from him and put on the mask Matsumae had sent to you that day, you held in tightly in your hand all the way from the Chateau.

--

Tsukiyama Shuu begged you not to go but you were stubborn, even more so when you learned that Matsumae was fighting the Doves off without her mask, as though she was preparing to die. He eventually gave in and made you swear to put your life above anything else.

Adrenaline coursed through your veins as you ran down, looking out for anyone familiar. Your kagune was already freed,  prepared for battle.

--

A scream ripped through the area, a blood-curling screech that sent shivers down everyone's spines, Doves and Ghouls alike.

Everything seemed to be frozen in time as you made it just in time to witness the death of your mother-figure.

A split-second later, the Dove that murdered Matsumae held his quinque at your throat. "And you must be the Lady Ghoul, the one Kuramoto Itou fought in the auction... Was this scum precious to you?"

His voice was laced with malice as he spoke, his comrades  stood behind him, looking fearful, of him or you, you weren't sure.

"She must've been," he continued, "don't worry, you'll be meeting her so-" You ducked and swung your kagune at him, fury numbing all your senses.

"Don't call me that crappy name," you growled, stepping on his chest, keeping him temporarily immobile, "call me what you once called her," you pointed at the corpse of your loved one, "because I'm no lady, I'm a knight."