Endearment

Kanae was missing.

You were away from home.

The CCG was breathing down their necks.

Everything seemed to be going to shit in the Tsukiyama family, Shuu had recovered well but was in a sullen mood as he laid in bed, resting. Matsumae then took it upon herself to comfort him with the most effective method: you.

"(Y/N) called me earlier today," she started after she sat herself by his bedside, he tilted his head slightly to face her, a certain shine was returning to his eyes as he heard your name. "Worry not, she's doing well. She's been noticed by the CCG," Shuu's eyes widened but before he could speak, "but she wasn't captured and they don't have her face.

"She mentioned disliking the alias they'd given her," Matsumae said, a hint of endearment in her voice, "she's always been this way, hasn't she? Always wanting to do things herself."

Shuu smiled and nodded in agreement, fond memories of your childhood with him flashed through his mind as his heart swelled with affection. "They're onto us, aren't they?" He said suddenly.

The black-haired woman nodded, "they are... We have to prepare ourselves and warn (Y/N), as well, if she isn't aware yet."

After a moment of comforting silence, Shuu spoke up once more, "what alias do you think will fit (Y/N)? Personally, I think Assassin or Knight will fit her."

"I understand why she'd want to be named Assassin, like her mother, but why Knight?"

"She looks a bit like you, inside and out."

How much they missed you.

Bonus:
"Oh, and (Y/N)'s mask was destroyed by an Investigator. I have one being made for her right now."

"What."