Change

You were disappointed, frustrated even, you paced around you room, with a constant nagging sensation in your brain. "Why the hell is my CCG alias 'Lady'?" You mumbled to yourself, "that's so lame..."

Sighing, laid on your bed and pushed aside your childish thoughts, instead deciding to concentrate on what was more important at the moment: getting a new mask.

Earlier on, Haise actually burned your mask to ashes. He just tossed it into the fire place without a second thought and you struggled to hold back your tears. It reminded you of Shuu while you stayed in this death trap of a place. Anything you do could blow your cover and you almost did just that by leaving your mask out in the open. You suppose that was the consequence of being so careless.

You sighed, your heart still laced with a dull aching sensation upon thinking about the day's earlier events, before taking out your phone and dialing Matsumae's number. You held the phone to your ear and waited a few rings.

"Hello? (Y/N)?" Matsumae's comforting voice calms you instantly.

"Matsumae-chan," you whispered hastily, "I need a new mask made, quick. Sasaki Haise found my old one and disposed of it."

"Does he know who you are?"

"No, I lied my way out but I have a feeling he's still slightly suspicious."

"Okay..." She sounded nervous, "I'll have one sent to you at midnight, I'll leave it at the doorstep disguised as a present."

"Alright, thank you," you were about to hand up before Matsumae continued.

"-wait! (Y/N)," she took in a deep breath, "we love you. Please make sure you stay safe."

"I will, I love you, too." You reply, forgetting that you needed to whisper. You exchanged your goodbyes with her before hanging up and sliding your phone back into your pocket. "Now," you mumbled to yourself, "how to subtly suggest a better alias for myself?"