Oh Cameron Chap. 6

"Do you think maybe would could go to a place a little more sophisticated than this?" Farrah asked while taking off her heels and placing them in her hands. "Hey Daddy's girl, you said you wanted fun right? Well this is where it's at." Cara said while grabbing her jacket. "You probably shouldn't have dressed that revealing, there's dogs out here and they love fresh meat." Cara joked while waving her hands in the air.

"You would know wouldn't you Cara." Nicky said while standing in front of Farrah. "Calm your hormones, She's just having fun." Cameron rolled his eyes.

Cameron and Nicholas have been back and forth ever since, that night. I mean it's obvious they don't like each other but do they have to make it known every second. "Well not at the expense of my girlfriend she won't." He said grabbing her hand.

"I'm going to go find a drink." I said while walking up the rocks. I couldn't take hearing farrah complain all day.We were at a bonfire party on the beach for Naomi's birthday. She'd invited all of us and I'd had the lovely idea of us going as a unit. I really need to stop having ideas.

People were all over the beach, eventually I'd found a cooler and decided that for right now I needed the whole thing. I grabbed it and rolled it down to a little cave not far from the party. It was nice and quiet here, for once I didn't have to feel like the world was on my shoulders.

To sit here and think, was the absolute splendid part of life. "I don't think you'll get much partying in over here lil bit." I knew it was Cameron so it didn't really scare me. "I only agreed to come because of the beach." I said while shading my eyes from the setting sun. I looked up to see him with an old boom box on his shoulder.

"Mind if I?" He said motioning towards the side of me. "Be my guest." I said patting the ground. We sat in the sand listening to the 90's music that played on the old box. "I want it that way.." I sung along to the backstreet boys. Cameron started laughing. "What's so funny?" I turned my head in questioning. "You lil bit." He said laughing wildly.

Over the past weeks Cameron had taken to calling me lil bit, it originated from when he called me a little bitter one day and hasn't stopped. I don't like it, and he know it.

I shook my head at him and pulled a beer from it. "Woah, underage drinking is a no no." He said grabbing it out of my hand. "Oh as if you are old enough to do it either." I yelled grabbing it back out of his hand and popped it open. I took about 2 minutes of downing the whole thing before wiping my mouth and burping.

"That's so not lady like." He said laughing. I zoned out and couldn't help but speak out. "When I was little I used to pretend I was like a bird, I mean like a seagull or some shit. You know something majestic, and I thought maybe one day I could fly across the world and find my parents." I couldn't hold this in anymore. I needed a shoulder to cry on and right now; Cameron's it. I mean I wasn't drunk off of one beer that quickly. I was just tired of everything and everyone.

"I used to think if I was the perfect child that maybe one day they'd come back to me and take me back. But you know what Cam.. No matter how hard I tried, they never came back. Ever." I couldn't stop crying now. I spent my whole life keeping this locked away and now I'm crying and spilling my heart out to a boy I've only known for a couple of weeks.

"Hey, look baby girl..." Cameron said pulling me into his chest. "It's getting cold, here take my jacket." He said pulling off his hoodie. He placed it over my head before pulling it down over my body. "You don't have to be good for anyone but yourself, you're a good person Natalia." He said while rubbing my back. "You're amazing and even I know that." He continued.

"When I was sad growing up my mom would sing this song to me." He said while holding me. "And you know for that moment it would make me feel good." Cameron got up and clicked a button on the boom box.

"Don't laugh at me." He said before leaning on one knee.

"No New Year's Day to celebrate

No chocolate covered candy hearts to give away

No first of Spring

No song to sing

In fact here's just another ordinary day

No April rain

No flowers bloom

No wedding Saturday, within the month of June

But what it is, is something true

Made up of these three words that I must say to you

I just called to say I love you

I just called to say how much I care

I just called to say I love you

And I mean it from the bottom of my heart."

I couldn't stop laughing at him. Here right now in front of me. Cameron Reeds was singing to me. Might I say very out of tune but that's very alright. "Don't tell me you're just gonna have me sing by myself baby?" He said grabbing my hand and pulling me off the ground.

He spun me around and dipped. I couldn't stop laughing. For once, I was happy. Even if it was just a in the moment thing. Even if it was with a guy I hadn't known for very long. I was happy.

Cameron smiled at me and leaned his forehead on mine. "Told you it made me feel better. And now you feel better." Then he smiled and I just couldn't help it. I leaned in and kissed him and boy was it good. I pulled away and started to apologize. "I'm sorry that I did that--" he smiled again and placed his hands on the side of my face before kissing me.

Oh Cameron.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So for those of you who need a little action, here you go. This should hold you over until I update again.