Cameron Chap. 25

"When I was around your age Natalia, I umm I was in the same situation you're in right now. Except I didn't have a guy like Nicholas to take care of me. Once he found out I was pregnant he didn't want to be around me and didn't want me at all. So I considered having an abortion but then I realized that this is my baby and nobody is going to come first before my baby. I decided like yourself that adoption was going to be the best choice for my baby and myself. But when I heard my baby's heartbeat I knew she was going to be my everything. Adoption became my last choice and stepping up as a woman became my first. Until, until I.. ...Was in the labour room and they told me my baby didn't make it." Melanie had came over to Tasha's because she felt the need to spill some of her previous trials with me.

"I was hysteric, thought it was my fault because I took it for granted. But, that baby you have is a gift from above and it's meant to be shared between two people."she said shifting on the couch. "So I know you are planning on setting up am adoption and if you'd like, Dylan and I would be glad to adopt your baby." She said slowly.

"But we do understand that some time when you become connected with your child, things change." She said while rubbing my arm. "I need to discuss this with Nicholas." I said looking down. I've been unreasonable lately. This is his child also and I should take in consideration what he wants..even if he's a dickhead.

"what do you think about your baby having two lesbian mums?" Nessie said trying to lighten up the topic. "Umm I'd love it but not you Nessie, because the advice you give lead me up to this point." I joked. Everyone chuckled a little bit.

"Can we go to the coffee store, down the street?" Melanie asked. Everyone replied yes and we headed down. We all got a table and just joked and laughed.

It felt good to be happy again.it wasn't long before I heard a familiar voice and turned around to see Cameron and his friends.

He was talking and must've saw me staring before he walked over. "Hey ladies." He said to everyone. He looked at me and smiled. "Can I talk to you in private?" He asked. I nodded my head sure and we walked to a booth towards the back.

"You never called." He said playing with the sugar packets. I looked down with shame, I'm pregnant and he's still being nice to me when I chose Nicholas over him. "You know you're still beautiful and all even when you're pregnant you got this glow." He said speaking to himself more than me.

"My parents think I'm crazy, because I'm waiting on my pregnant ex-girlfriend to call me and to tell me that she's picked me over the guy that gets everything." He said shaking his head. "You're pregnant with someone else's kid and I still want to be with you." He said as if it was unbelievable to himself.

At this point I wasn't going to interfere with him saying his feelings. "What can I do to be in you and that baby's life?" He asked. What is wrong with the guys in this town, he wants to be with me when I'm carrying a child that's not his. "I have another ultrasound appointment in 2 weeks maybe you'd like to come with Cara when she comes." I replied knowing he'd back out of it.

"Then so be it." He said.