Prologue

Prologue

"I-i can't do this anymore." Tears spilled from my eyes as I stared into his beautiful blue ones that held so much pain.

He moved closer to me and grabbed either side of my face softly. For a moment I thought he was going to kiss me, but he didn't. His bright blue eyes continued staring into my hazel ones with so much intensity. 

"Why?" He demanded, the pain evident in his voice; he spoke softly, but also firmly. 

More tears began pouring from my eyes. He tried to wipe them, but I took that chance to back away from him. I looked up at him, but I could barely see him. I wasn't sure what was blinding me, the tears or the rain.

"Because I was a foolish little girl. And when you're young and foolish, all you want is to love and be loved in return. You'll do anything to feel loved, anything. And that's exactly what I did. But unfortunately, there's no such thing as a happily ever after. If there was, I wouldn't be standing here today and I wouldn't have such a big hole in my heart. I'm sorry for being selfish, but I don't want to be hurt anymore." 

And I left.

I left him standing in the pouring rain with a red rose in his hand.

I hadn't changed. I was still the same selfish girl. 

I was selfish for hurting him, but I didn't want to be hurt myself.

"Relationships are like glass. Sometimes, it's better to leave the pieces broken than to hurt yourself trying to put it back together." ~ Unknown

        Author's Note:

So I officially have a problem. I like writing new stories too much. I guess I am a bit of a story hopper... or a lot. But this story actually came to me in a dream and I am really enthusiastic about this one. I have a good feeling that I will actually continue this story.   I have a lot in mind for this story and I would REALLY appreciate it if you took the time to leave a comment, like, message me, or do anything so I know that you like this story. And please check out my other stories. Thank you all so much.   xx