Chapter 2: Sweet Home Miami

Elizabeth and Cameron's wedding invitation came two weeks after the phone call. Their wedding would fall on their four year anniversary, July 21st, which fell on a Saturday. In order to prepare for their wedding, the bridesmaids were supposed to come early July.

However two months before the wedding, I found myself in the airplane heading down to Miami for Elizabeth's bridal shower. 

The shower was supposed to be hosted by the maid of honor, aka moi, but Elizabeth knew me well enough to know that I would not take it seriously so she passed along these responsibilities to another bridesmaid.

"Ladies and gentlemen this is your captain speaking. We will be arriving in Miami in just five minutes. The weather is 89 degrees fahrenheit and sunny. Thank you for flying Air Miami." 

A satisfied smile crossed my face at the sound of the intercom. Airplanes happen to fall under a very long list of things that annoy me. 

Once I could feel the ground beneath my feet, I stood up and stretched my feet. Irritatingly, I had to wait in the long line of people trying to exit the plane. I silently counted the minutes until I could lounge on the beach drinking cocktails all day and night.

It's been almost three days since any alcohol has entered my system and I was beginning to feel deprived.

The line began to move and I stepped foot out of the plane and into the stuffy hallway. "Finally." I muttered a bit too loud causing a group of people to shoot me nasty looks.

I quickly made my way to the baggage claim and easily spotted my hot pink luggage. I effortlessly convinced a man to grab my luggage for me, much to his girlfriend's dismay, and thanked him with a long hug that added to her irritation. 

Once outside, I easily caught a taxi, giving him directions to the hotel that I would be staying at with Joanna once she arrived.

Ping!

I glanced down at my phone, pulling out my custom pink iPhone.

'R u here yet?' The text from Joanna read.

'I arrived and am taking a cab to the hotel rite now. Hbu?' I texted back. 

Seconds later my phone buzzed again. 'Got there a few mins ago. I'll pay for the hotel, u can treat me to dinner.' 

I contemplated this for a few seconds before sending a text in agreement. By no means was I a freeloader, but Joanna was a model which meant a crazy high salary. A couple thousand dollars wasn't going to put a dent in her wallet. 

"Here you are ma'am. That will be 53.50 dollars." 

I pulled out my wallet, grabbed a fifty dollar bill and a five dollar bill, and handed it to him. "Keep the change."