Chapter 6: As Shallow As A Kiddie Pool

----> a picture of the wedding invitation

Chapter 6: As Shallow As A Kiddie Pool

"You want us to what?" I asked incredulously, not sure if I heard her right.

Jane rolled her eyes at Joanna and I's dumbfounded faces. "We want you two to stay in Miami with us." She states slowly.

Even when she repeated those words ten times slowly than it was in the beginning, we still had trouble processing the information. 

"Like stay here? Until the wedding?" Joanna asked, the blonde in her leaking out.

I could tell Jane felt the same way as she sighed, rolling her eyes again. "Yes." She answered as though talking with a kindergartener. Joanna and I turned to look at each other, not knowing what to say.

"I-i guess I can?" The blonde answers, though it sounded more like a question. 

I turned to look at her. "What about modeling?"

She pondered my question thoughtfully before answering, "Well I don't have any major shoots coming up. The biggest one is for Burberry in London, but that's in like a month from now. So I can just go up for like 2-3 days and do the shoot and come back." 

Jane nodded, liking the idea. The two turned towards me, expectantly.

I bit my lower lip as I answered them. "I guess I can do it. What's better than spending two months on vaca on the beach? There's bound to be loads of hot men." I state. 

Before I left New York, I was told by my management that I needed to design 10 more wedding dresses before September. Now that I think about it, staying here might give me some inspiration. 

Joanna smirked, obviously liking the idea. 

"Perfect!" Jane chirped, ignoring the part about hot men, clapping her hands together. "You two can move in by the end of the week! Unfortunately right now is a full house, but people will be leaving throughout the week."

Joanna and I both smiled at how enthusiastic Jane was about the whole move. 

"Oh! That reminds me. There's actually a barbecue tonight held on this beach. Pretty much everyone from this bridal shower will be going. Along with Cameron and the groomsmen." 

My blonde friend and I shot each other sly looks before smiling innocently at Jane. "That sounds lovely." I answered.

She smiled back at me. "Perfect! Well, it's 4:30 now, so you two might wanna go home and change. The barbecue is at 7." 

Joanna and I nodded, before excusing ourselves. We made our way to the entrance of the room after saying our goodbyes. Once we were safely outside, Joanna and I looked at each other, squealing.