Part 6: Fields

I open my eyes, my headache gone and replaced with the feeling of being watched. I look around the room. We turned out the lights, so I can't see anything. Soundlessly, I get out of bed, untangling myself from Tris. I walk around our room, checking the closet and the bathroom. No one. Hmm, I guess it was nothing.

I crawl back into bed, glancing sideways at the clock. 3:53am. I sigh loudly and bury my head in Tris's neck. I fall asleep quickly, breathing in her scent. Slightly metallic and something sweet like sugar.

I open my eyes and scan the large green field I'm standing in. When did I get here? I turn in a circle and see Tris.

She's wearing a small, black tank top and shorts. She smiles at me.

"Tobias, come here." She says, her voice low. I walk to her, my feet dragging.

"Kiss me, please." She begs. I lean down and press my lips to hers. She smiles into the kiss and I feel a sharp pain in my stomach. I pull back and look down. There's a throwing knife lodged in my abdomen. I grab the handle and pull out the blade, the blood pours down my stomach.

I look up at Tris, hurt in my eyes.

"Why?" I ask, my voice shaking. She smiles, an evil, crooked grin.

"Because there's someone else and I can't have you holding me back." She laughs. My legs give out and I collapse to the ground.

"I never loved you, Tobias. Now I can be with Uriah. You won't be a problem. I just needed you to make Uriah jealous. Her broke up with Marlene and now, he's mine." She chuckles again. My Tris...She lied to me. She killed me. The pain in my abdomen stalls for a moment.

"I loved you, Tris. It was real. I still love you. Good bye." I say as the pain returns. The blood drains from the knife wound, that I'm sure ruptured an organ or two, onto the grass. My eye lids feel heavy, my limbs leaden. My whole body is as full of pain as a volcano is full of lava.

"I...love...you." I choke out befire the darkness engulfs me again.

A.N. 

I've been horrible at updating! Please forgive me?! *Hides in awkward turtle shell*

Next update at 3 likes!

Comment and vote