Part 19: What's to assume?

Four

The job at the Control Room isn't as boring as you may think. It's kind of fun, actually.

People do stupid things when they don't think anyone's watching.

I watch as Tris stumbles out of Will's room. I zoom into the camera in that hall. She's crying. What the hell is going on?

A nurse, Caroline, I think, rushes to Will's room, gurney in tow. She limps down the halls at a rushed pace. She pulls the gurney into his room and Tris stumbles back in. I can't hear anything they say, because they're in a private residency, but I can assume. But what to assume?

I shake my head. It's probably got something to do with Christina's death. That's all I can come up with. I zoom out and watch as the people of Dauntless zoom by.

**Page Break**

About 20 minutes later, Caroline and Tris walk out of Will's room. The gurney's not empty anymore. Instead, there's a large bag on it. A body bag, I realize with shock. Will's killed himself.

In an instant, I'm out of my chair and swinging on my jacket. I bolt to the Infirmary, intent on being there for Tris.

I kick open the doors to the Infirmary and Tris sits in a chair next to the Nurse's Station. I've taken enough Initiate's here as a result of injuries...and sometimes, death.

I cross the space of the room to her and gather his into my leather clad arms. Her head rests in the crook of my neck and she sobs, her tears falling onto my neck.
"Wi-Will's dead!" She cries. I rub small circles onto her back.
"Shh...He's better now. Safe. Happy. With Chris." I coo. She coughs a little, her breath warm on my neck.
"You're right, but I just...I've lost them both." She sobers up, leaning backwards. She still keeps me close, but far enough away. She looks at me. Her eyes are red and raw, her face splotchy. Even at her worst, she's still perfect.
"If I had been there, do you think I could've saved him?" She asks. I shake my head.
"He was lost without her. Staying here was like caging a wild animal. It wasn't meant to be, Tris. It's not your fault. It isn't anyone's fault." She swings her arms around me again.
"Okay, I understand. He wanted it to be this way." She chokes.

Author's:

Omfg, Jess, what are you doing to us?
^^I bet you're all thinking it...
HERE'S ANOTHER CHAPTER.
I WAS INSPIRED BY WATCHING "Untold Stories of the ER"
OKAY.
YOU'RE ALL WONDERFUL AND I LOVE YOU ALL, OKAY?
OKAY.
ANYWHO, HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE THIS STROY ADDED TO YOUR READING LIST?
I CANNOT SEE IT.
IT'S ULTIMATELY UNFAIR.
OKAY.
NEXT UPDATE PROBABLY THURSDAY--> SATURDAY
Okay, bye.

QUESTION:
Did I ever mention Al's death in this? I cannot possibly remember...